RP-402S Stand or Mount

DH1974

I just ordered a pair of Klipsch RP-402S speakers and was hoping to get some advice.

These will be my surround sides in a Klipsch 5.2.2 set up.

Room space is a little tight for stands, but I may need to use them as they may be the best option. I can't mount on one of the sidewalls due to my living room window position.

Does anyone have suggestions of a good stand for these speakers?

I did see these at Crutchfield: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_051NF36B/Sanus-NF36-Speaker-Stands-Black-lacquer.html Has anyone tried these stands?

Or would it make any sense to get some sort of wall mount that would allow the speakers to be side mounted, above the window near the ceiling? Pointing down to the listening position.

Or could these speakers be mounted behind the couch, off to the sides of the listening position? I'm guessing that would be a mistake since these would be side surrounds and not rear surrounds and as the couch, listening position, is again the back wall.

Here is the Dolby suggested placement for 5.1.2.  Can see the rear surround placement.  Do those angles work for you to allow the 402s on the wall?

https://www.dolby.com/us/en/guide/speaker-setup-guides/5.1.2-overhead-speaker-setup-guide.html

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • Moderators
19 hours ago, isaacart said:

I have the same challenge with same surrounds. How did the stands work for you?

Thanks.

That thread was about two years old when it ended, so they may not see your question to be able to respond to it. You may wish to start a new post in the same section about stands for surrounds.

Travis