Take your pick:  https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?pages/Audio_Equipment_Reviews/

Of course, the reviewer isn't always fair or balanced, nor does he look at audio equipment the same way as I, but he does have an impressive array of test gear (worth over $100K USD).  I think the whole forum is geared to that sort of "literalistic" view of audio gear performance (like rank-and-file "audiophools", with their little direct radiator loudspeakers and electronics that costs 10X or more than their loudspeakers, tend to interpret gear). 

But you do get it with all the warts and bad manners--straight out.  It's up to the reader to apply his/her own internal filters when reading Amir's reviews.  For instance, 90% of Amir's reviews of DACs is I believe pure trash because he is focusing down way--way--way below -100 dB to determine their relative performance figures--at levels mere mortal couldn't ascertain, even if in an anechoic chamber.  But if that kind of review is what you're looking for--you got it...

Chris

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 12:50 PM, veloceleste said:

When was the last time you remember seeing or reading a less than favorable ”professional” review of any audio product? I would like to have a review where I don’t have to read between the lines to try and figure out the negatives of the equipment being reviewed. Just give it to me straight. 

Some time ago this review caused quite a bit of a stir on this forum, because it dared to sceptical towards Klispch' flagship. Reading it again, it is actually very favourable, but Klipsch fans seem to magnify the negative passages and are blind for the positive conclusion.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/klipsch-klipschorn-ak6-loudspeaker

The 2019 Klipschorn also offers its own combination of those qualities, one that delights and surprises in some respects (uncolored vocals, surprisingly good spatial performance, much better senses of touch and impact than the average loudspeaker) while disappointing in others (less than the tightest bottom octaves, a trace of grain under strain).