Are these Svetlana winged c 6l6gc’s

bkwa1959

I have a pair of these tubes I have had for at least 15 years and I was wondering if they are Svetlana winged c’s the boxes have the c circled with wings, but they are not marked on the tubes .They also are black based.

E17EBCB8-D4F4-4902-B45F-C45E279F93C1.jpeg

5 hours ago, Thesmaz said:

Can you post a pic of the printing on the tube? There should some numbers on there that would help figuring it out.

I tried to post another picture but it is too big ,there is no circle c with wings on the tubes and below the 6l6gc is the number 9732  and on the other side is the letters and numbers oth 59

On 5/29/2020 at 11:32 AM, bkwa1959 said:

I have a pair of these tubes I have had for at least 15 years and I was wondering if they are Svetlana winged c’s the boxes have the c circled with wings, but they are not marked on the tubes .They also are black based.

E17EBCB8-D4F4-4902-B45F-C45E279F93C1.jpeg

Hey Bobby to my Knowledge all the winged C had the circle C with the wings on the glass unless rubbed off. As it looks like your tube still has print on it and no C with wings. I would bet someone put the tubes in a box they had laying around. I could be wrong though..............How the cardersounds doing, did you get them set up to your liking ?

I found out this information on Stereophile’s webpage

So which Svetlana is the tube that is true? If you are talking about "new old stock" (NOS)—tubes made before 2000—the words "Svetlana Electron Devices" and the stylized S are what to look for. For recent issues, look for the "winged C." The name Svetlana is still on Saratov-made devices.

My tubes have Svetlana Electron Devices withe the stylized S logo, I know these tubes sound great in my Dennis Had Inspire Hot Rod power amp.

13 hours ago, joessportster said:

Hey Bobby to my Knowledge all the winged C had the circle C with the wings on the glass unless rubbed off. As it looks like your tube still has print on it and no C with wings. I would bet someone put the tubes in a box they had laying around. I could be wrong though..............How the cardersounds doing, did you get them set up to your liking ?

Joe I am still playing with them and I plan on trying to dial them in today.