1980 Heresy

MC39693

@JRH my 1984's warranty card says 5 years.  I like the 1980 warranty card!  I will speak with the "boss" and see if there's any reason she wants me to keep the 1980's.  It would be fun to have all the documentation I received together in one place and perhaps for you to have it together with the pictures and story above?  If anyone asks, I'll just say Jim has it.  I'll get back to you via this thread but I don't see why we wouldn't.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2020 at 3:48 PM, MC39693 said:

@JRH my 1984's warranty card says 5 years.  I like the 1980 warranty card!  I will speak with the "boss" and see if there's any reason she wants me to keep the 1980's.  It would be fun to have all the documentation I received together in one place and perhaps for you to have it together with the pictures and story above?  If anyone asks, I'll just say Jim has it.  I'll get back to you via this thread but I don't see why we wouldn't.

if you scan it ,  the copied file  can be reproduced by @JRH

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

IIRC, in Canada around this time, Klipsch were distributed by Superior Electronics in Montreal, who also distributed Nikko, Nakamichi and a few other brands. 

And, as I recall, Superior DID offer a lifetime warrantee on Klipsch. 

I suspect your warrantee card is from Superior, the bilingual French being an additional giveaway. 

Alan

Edited by alan-bc
Added some info
  • Like 2

On 5/30/2020 at 10:39 PM, HDBRbuilder said:

If you see the letter "A" at all, then I built them!  

Single letter "A" on mine.  Very cool to "meet" the builder of these most wonderful audio devices. Thank you for the obvious care you put into building them! 

Alan

• Like 2

On 6/4/2020 at 12:27 PM, HDBRbuilder said:

Deronda did the final assembly on those....meaning she was the one who installed all the components inside of them, then sealed the double=chjecked her work before installing the rear cabinet panel.  Mr. Bradford tested them in the testing booth using frequency sweeps! which he compared with what they were supposed to be, using a saved record of the correct frequency response in those sweeps. Mr. Bradford also was listening for any air leaks from the cabinet when he did that!

Andy, it's so good to see you still hanging around this place!  Great to see your posts, sir!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
9 hours ago, Troy Terry said:

I have old speaker klipash heresy the woofer is square magnet who made it is it Ascoustic Research  

Hi  @Troy Terry,    it could Be Eminence , or CTS or Electrovoice , there were several  woofer manufacturers  who had a  supplier contract  with Klipsch .......if you can post a picture of the woofer ,  we can tell you who made it  ,

• 1 month later...

Hi ...I just purchased my first Klipsch speakers . They are Heresy 1 I think. The 3 digit serial number has got me curious as all the other serial numbers seem a lot longer. I can't find any other serial numbers apart from the ones on the drivers . The serial numbers on the label on back panel say 061 only  . I can't see an option to post a pic from my gallery . 

7 hours ago, donaldsonp said:

Hi ...I just purchased my first Klipsch speakers . They are Heresy 1 I think. The 3 digit serial number has got me curious as all the other serial numbers seem a lot longer. I can't find any other serial numbers apart from the ones on the drivers . The serial numbers on the label on back panel say 061 only  . I can't see an option to post a pic from my gallery . 

When you’re making a reply there’s a button with a paper clip next to it that says “Add files” and you can upload a picture after clicking on it.

10 hours ago, donaldsonp said:

you're not looking at the right place ,  you'll find a punched serial number at the back  of the speaker ,,,,,,,,, top panel ,  at the center  of the panel   , 

klipsch stopped punching the serial no  around 1983   , your Heresy 1 speakers  could be made in 1983 or 1984    the serial nos are 061  / 059 ,are not consecutive  but very close   .....basically you own  the 59th and 61st  Heresy1--from  1983 ,or 1984 

only way to find out if you own a 1983 or 1984  is by   looking at the drivers  , let's start by removing the rear access panel  

On 6/4/2020 at 12:27 PM, HDBRbuilder said:

Deronda did the final assembly on those....meaning she was the one who installed all the components inside of them, then sealed the double=chjecked her work before installing the rear cabinet panel.  Mr. Bradford tested them in the testing booth using frequency sweeps! which he compared with what they were supposed to be, using a saved record of the correct frequency response in those sweeps. Mr. Bradford also was listening for any air leaks from the cabinet when he did that!

Mr. Bradford also tested my 1974 La Scalas.  They still sound great, especially after I replaced the caps in 2006.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...