YAQIN MC-13S 40WPC EL34 6CA7 Vacuum Tube Push-Pull Integrated Amplifier

Tony T

I have one. I love it. Great tube sound. Incredible value. I’ve seen that there are mods and such out there but all I’ve done is rolled tubes. Change out the small signal tubes and it gets much more refined. The stock 6ca7 power tubes are ok, but a little bright for my taste (at least on klipsch). I put in el-34’s and boy is it sweet (jj’s first but now some groove tubes). Changed out the stock power cord, any hi end can be an upgrade but settled on a cardas cross. Run power through a filter and the biggest thing I’ve found is to use inputs 1 & 4 and cap off 2&3 to prevent any unwanted noise crossing over. All in all one of my favorite amps and by far a great value. Really does punch way above its $$$ stock and with a couple of tweaks hangs with the high dollar stuff respectably. Two thumbs up. 👍👍

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 6/1/2020 at 10:01 PM, Rooster42 said:

I have one. I love it. Great tube sound. Incredible value. I’ve seen that there are mods and such out there but all I’ve done is rolled tubes. Change out the small signal tubes and it gets much more refined. The stock 6ca7 power tubes are ok, but a little bright for my taste (at least on klipsch). I put in el-34’s and boy is it sweet (jj’s first but now some groove tubes). Changed out the stock power cord, any hi end can be an upgrade but settled on a cardas cross. Run power through a filter and the biggest thing I’ve found is to use inputs 1 & 4 and cap off 2&3 to prevent any unwanted noise crossing over. All in all one of my favorite amps and by far a great value. Really does punch way above its $$$ stock and with a couple of tweaks hangs with the high dollar stuff respectably. Two thumbs up. 👍👍

Hey Rooster42. I am here paging through some tube talk to see what people are using on their Klipsch. I can get the Forte III now but I am holding off until later this month or Feb. to see if the Forte IV will be issued as I heard Klipsch may be putting the F IV's out. Now some of the stuff you said went over my head: like cap off 2&3 to prevent unwanted noise and change out the power cord (you can do that, or do I get an electrician to do that). I never played with tubes and I am not sure if I should dive right into owning a tube amp. I have a vintage Mitsubishi DAA15DC dual mono block amp that is pretty sweat and was thinking of first adding a tube pre with it to ease my way into the tube life. What do you think? I am looking at several hundred, it seems brands for tubes from across the pond to here at home in the US. Some I am considering are: Quicksilver (their pre Or their integrated), Raven, Schiit, Rogue, DecWare, Pathos, PrimaLuna, Bob Calver, Consonance...Any advice? I tell you that Quicksilver integrated amp looks nice. It's 20 watts of tube power...and I am still confused how this can stand up by itself against a 150 W SS like my Mitsubishi. I am just not experienced as you see. Help?

Peace and stay healthy.

Hello. This is a Yaqin amp you refer?

I may be interested but I don't have the speakers yet. I am waiting to see if the rumors are correct and Klipsch issues new Forte IV this month or next. If they don't I'll get the III's. If they don't I sure hope the dealer that is giving me a great deal on Forte III, cables, interconnects, source, power conditioner for 4500 will still have that offer. 

I am in PA. You?

What is your music source. For starters I was just going w/ BlueSound Volt or Node to see if I like streaming. If not I am going old school: FM, Phono, maybe internet radio. 

If I like streaming then I am looking as a permanent unit: Innous ZenMini. 

'