Favorite Pink Floyd track?

LOWFAT930

This question may have been asked before but does anyone experience any Pink Floyd in here? I've seen a few mentions here and there so I know there's a few who know.

What is your favorite album or track?

1-Echos from the Meddle album

2-Time ,especially after the clocks stop chiming

3-SYD

• Like 2

Echoes is great, as well as Learning To Fly.  And you can't go wrong with The Great Gig in the Sky.  Actually, Pink Floyd has so many great songs that it's hard to select a top three, or even a top ten, for that matter.  Everyone will have their favourites.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I had the fortunate opportunity to meet "the man" himself - Roger Waters.

For me DSOTM "IS" a "track". However I must admit I'm very partial to That Great Gig in the Sky with Clare Torry on vocals.

Another related fav is Roger Waters Amused to Death What God Wants Parts I II & III

Echos is a great "creepy" song.

When I was having a cardiac ablation, waiting for the anesthesiologist, the nurse asks what kind of music do I like. I said Pink Floyd. She turns on the Pink Floyd radio channel. After a while Echos starts playing (it's what, 20 minutes long?). And I'm thinking "Oh God, no. I hope this is over before they put me under!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@artto I had two ablation's done.  First was 8 hours and was asked the same thing.  Told them it didn't matter cause I knew they'd change it once I was under anyway.  Just told them to crank it up so I could hear it.  I heard it for a couple minutes then nada.  8 hours later I'm awake.  Didn't work so my cardio dude said I could do one more so a couple months later I went in for #2.  This time I shaved and told the hot lil chick w/the razor to relax cause I was ready to go.  She said well what are we listening too this time so I told her how bout some Petty.  She said good choice then told me she had to shave something cause that was her job.  I laffed at her and was out.  Woke up later   Yup Petty was on, one RN in the booth hangin w/me so I'm good.  Slip my hand down to make sure I didn't get a bobbit and I was smooth EVERYWHERE.  Chest, arms, arm pits, legs.  Hope she had fun.  My cardio dude was laffin his rear off when I talked to him later.  Now I just tell em to do whatever when they replace my pacer.  Petty sounded good though and I know she had fun!   :)  Oh yea, Floyd...  Hmmm, all of it?  :)

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, codewritinfool said:

Coming back to life. Live with Gilmour at Royal Albert Hall.

My Second favorite. Shine of You Crazy Diamond is going to be hard to beat. I saw Gilmour at the Hollywood Bowl a few years ago and was SO happy when Coming Back to Life was on the set list. I mean, three guitar solos in that song!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, LOWFAT930 said:

2-Time ,especially after the clocks stop chiming

Great song. I think Nick Mason did a great job on that track.  drumming=excellent -- particularly at the beginning after the clocks. 

I saw Roger Waters and Nick Mason perform Dark Side of the Moon (the entire album). This was on Roger’s tour, but Mason happened to be in LA at the time and after intermission, they did the entire album with Mason on drums. 

• Like 1

Like many here, my first incline is towards Echoes, but then there is that other brilliant joke of a song, Seamus, which kind of redefines what Blues is, while at the same time it is excellent to test your low frequencies and L/R-channels.

And it drives my dog crazy...

• Haha 2

A lot of my favorites have been mentioned, so I'll through out 3 deeper cuts in no particular order.

Fat Old Sun - Atom Heart Mother

Childhood's End - Obscured by Clouds

Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Pts 6-9) - Wish You Were Here

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Onebean said:

Fat Old Sun - Atom Heart Mother

Have you heard the 6 minute live version with the solo?  I can pass on the original version in a heart beat but that solo is only a step behind Comfortably Numb.  It just strikes me as a " happy" solo.

• Like 1

My introduction to Pink Floyd came in the back of a carpet padded van with a 6x9 speaker in every corner, a significant measure of THC coursing through my veins, and the cash register from "money" spraying coins across an imagined landscape. I was hooked. To Plink Floyd. My favorite song is the current stand out at any particular point in my lifelong journey of exploration of their work. 

My current favorite is "Fat Old Sun", from the 1970 album "Atom Heart Mother".

119656364_06-02125243.jpg.dc0fd8d5edd555affa314399c8e47e64.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1