Favorite Pink Floyd track?

LOWFAT930

All great answers, DSOM is always a good choice. Echo's is a little weird in the middle but I usually (cough) fast forward until where you can just hear Rick's keyboard fading back in. Like everyone else it's hard to pin down a few songs but I feel "One Of These Days" should be mentioned as one that doesn't miss a chance to get played every time as well. Shamus is a good test but having 2 large dogs in the house is asking for trouble if it gets played.

This question may have been asked before but does anyone experience any Pink Floyd in here? I've seen a few mentions here and there so I know there's a few who know.
What is your favorite album or track?
1-Echos from the Meddle album
2-Time ,especially after the clocks stop chiming
3-SYD

Echoes followed by Atom Heart Mother Suite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Echo's - the live version from Gilmores Remember that Night Blueray

Shine on you Crazy Diamond a lot of great versions

Fat Old Sun, great live versions on Remember that Night and Live in Pompei (2016)

Atom Heart Mother

Time

Comfortably Numb

Animals..whole album

…….sooooo many more, not even getting into Waters solo stuff...

• 2 months later...

Dag, just one! I think it would be easier to come up with a plan for total world peace than come up with JUST ONE favorite Pink Floyd song!

So let me try it this way:

• Personal favorite song: If I must, it would be Wish You Were Here due to the raw emotion of the song.
  • Best Album: Dark Side Of The Moon a masterpiece from start to finish, and I think the whole planet agrees based on the sales records.
  • Best Album Mastering: Momentary Lapse of Reason. I have 4 versions of DSOTM and be it digital or vinyl, none can compare to this album. That album makes even average speakers sound very good, and superb speakers sound out of this world! If you are selling speakers, you NEED this album!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it,

Jon

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2020 at 6:08 PM, Jon B said:

Dag, just one! I think it would be easier to come up with a plan for total world peace than come up with JUST ONE favorite Pink Floyd song!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it,

Jon

I hear you!

It's impossible for me.

Animals LP &

Wish You Were Here LP

are my favorites

• Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 9:54 AM, LOWFAT930 said:

All great answers, DSOM is always a good choice. Echo's is a little weird in the middle but I usually (cough) fast forward until where you can just hear Rick's keyboard fading back in. Like everyone else it's hard to pin down a few songs but I feel "One Of These Days" should be mentioned as one that doesn't miss a chance to get played every time as well. Shamus is a good test but having 2 large dogs in the house is asking for trouble if it gets played.

Heard One of these Days live in Detroit, the day after DSOTM was released. The entire show was in Quadraphonic and I had the best seat in the house front row center balcony at Cobo Arena. It's also where there was a pyrotechics mishap and the explosion on stage hurt the band's ears, so they took a break. A friend of mine was in the hot dog stand line with David Gilmour while the roadies fixed the damage. Pretty unique all around.

• Like 2