Any Pink Floyd movie fans in here?

LOWFAT930

I posted a version of this topic in the audio section today asking anyone if they enjoy experiencing any Pink Floyd music. Being home theater section I have a few of their concerts on blue ray and DVD as well. Does anyone else enjoy watching these and what is your go to. I was late to the experience so I never had a chance to see them live so experiencing their music through albums and movies are as close as I can get. I remember watching a documentary about them and a reporter was said to have mentioned that hearing Pink Floyd play was the loudest thing he had ever heard. Now that's funny , I do the best I can to get close to that.

1-Pulse DVD set. I'll admit disc2 sees more use

2-Live at Pompeii movie (Meddle version)

3-Album - DSOM or Wish You Were Here. Put either in and enjoy all the way through especially DSOM with all the effects bouncing around the room.

When I saw Pink Floyd at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto in 1973, they had their quad sound set up, and it was impressive, especially back then.  When Roger Waters played the bass intro to One of These Days, it was the loudest musical sound I had ever heard, and it was magnificent!

When I went home after the concert, I turned up my little stereo as loud as it would go, but it didn't come close to even suggesting what I had heard that night.  Live concerts were that much more magical when they gave you an experience that you could not imitate at home.  Now, of course, with a big system you can match or even exceed what you would hear at a concert.  This is really good, as long as you don't make your neighbours crazy, but it's not the group experience of a show.

30 minutes ago, Islander said:

When I saw Pink Floyd at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto in 1973, they had their quad sound set up, and it was impressive, especially back then.  When Roger Waters played the bass intro to One of These Days, it was the loudest musical sound I had ever heard, and it was magnificent!

I saw 2 of their shows in 72-73 , their sound was new with synthesizers   , and Pink Floyd was the top electronic band in the World , at  a time of Peace and Love and Hippies and the Vietnam war for a few of us   ,, they were light years ahead of anybody else ---

• Like 1

Yep, I'm a fan of Pink Floyd and have their albums on Vinyl, Cassette, and CD.

However, for videos I have David Gilmour Live At Pompeii in Blu-ray that I watch/listen to very often with our Home Theater system.

I posted a version of this topic in the audio section today asking anyone if they enjoy experiencing any Pink Floyd music. Being home theater section I have a few of their concerts on blue ray and DVD as well. Does anyone else enjoy watching these and what is your go to. I was late to the experience so I never had a chance to see them live so experiencing their music through albums and movies are as close as I can get. I remember watching a documentary about them and a reporter was said to have mentioned that hearing Pink Floyd play was the loudest thing he had ever heard. Now that's funny , I do the best I can to get close to that.
1-Pulse DVD set. I'll admit disc2 sees more use
2-Live at Pompeii movie (Meddle version)
3-Album - DSOM or Wish You Were Here. Put either in and enjoy all the way through especially DSOM with all the effects bouncing around the room.

Live at Pompeii.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...