Cornwall II Questions

MaliK

Long story short...my husband was a audio geek and picked up so many pieces of audio gear my garage and basement look like a warehouse. Matt died unexpectedly last year. And though I know a bit about some of this stuff I really know nothing. I am ready to start reducing the amount of gear.

I have a pair of Cornwall IIs that don’t have the serial number labels on the back. The connectors in the back are rectangular, say Cornwall II and copyright 1986. Matt had not had these long so I am unsure the real condition. The cabinets are stained and have a few wear marks. How would be the best way to sell these and how would I determine a fair price?  I don’t want to be taken advantage of but want to be fair. 8D6AE083-032D-438A-AE2A-C77D7DF34AA5.jpeg.3ccfd799f62061c2305edf710888692c.jpeg

‘’Thanks

45FA0E3E-3B5F-4B49-A300-4DD2075CAA36.jpeg

74A83A0C-FE4F-4887-82CD-0B0DE759750B.jpeg

Depending on condition and where you're located, Cornwall IIs can vary in value from about $750 to $1250.  If you take more pics, feel free to post them in the Garage Sale section of the forum.  Make sure to list your location.  Those are big speakers so most people do local pickup versus shipping them. 

Very sorry for your loss. 

• Like 1

@MaliK,

So sorry for your loss.

I would say @wuzzzer is pretty spot on with the current price range for Cornwall IIs.  You are best to list them in the Klipsch Forum's "Garage Sale" section.  Your speakers appear to have a Walnut Oil(WO) finish.

Good luck with your sale.

Bill

1 hour ago, MaliK said:

Thank you both. It’s a daunting task sorting through my husband’s gear. One more question is the $750 for the set or per speaker?  I am assuming the pair but just wanted to make sure. 

Clean them up a bit and oil them lightly with something like below and you might get a few bucks more for them.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Old-English-16-oz-Lemon-Oil-Furniture-Polish-75143/202820656

Old English Lemon Oil, 16-Ounce Bottle

Bill

• Like 1