Klipsch speakers for tiny space + Marantz 2230?

KG2230

Hi there,

I have a tiny space (12x13ft), a Marantz 2230 in excellent working order, a diverse and much-loved vinyl collection....and a grumpy upstairs neighbor.

Any suggestions on a set of Klipsch speakers that will sound great with the receiver and in the space?

I'm not averse to spending a chunk for the right product that will last, but I'd rather not shell out or devote a lot of space for power that I don't need / can't use without risking an angry knock through the ceiling 😬

Also, currently sheltered in place with retail closed in my city, so I don't have the option to try things out in person ☹️

Any suggestions very welcome! Thank you in advance! ❤️🎵

KG

• Like 1

20 hours ago, KG2230 said:

Hi there,

I have a tiny space (12x13ft), a Marantz 2230 in excellent working order, a diverse and much-loved vinyl collection....and a grumpy upstairs neighbor.

I'm not averse to spending a chunk for the right product that will last, but I'd rather not shell out or devote a lot of space for power that I don't need / can't use without risking an angry knock through the ceiling 😬

Headphones? :(

After much experimentation in my small space with various speakers. (Wharefdale Diamond 10.1, B&W 303, B&W 600, Boston Cs 23)  I settled on the Klipsch R-14m now superseded by the R-41m everything else overloaded the room.

These do a terrific job, sound great at low volumes, even played loud they do not upset my neighbour, who is a bat of note.

Using a Cambridge Audio Sonata AR 30 receiver.

Everything else I used had bass bloom and sounded awful because of the small space.  In the small space the bass is more than enough.

On a larger space they are lost and rip your ears off.

I sit right on top of them they image perfectly, have great detail. and just put a smile on my face.

Wow, thank you, oros, JohnA, fmalloy, RandyH, Davecv41, jason str, billybob, and ILI for the expert advice, warm welcome, and humor on dealing with the neighbors 🤣. You guys are the best!

Keep being excellent to one another, and take good care!

Thanks again,

Kathryn