Infinity Quantum 3 vintage speakers - SOLD

avguytx

I know these aren't Klipsch speakers but they are outstanding speakers for sure.  I have them listed at other locations and thought I'd list here just in case there is a liking for them or maybe someone you know does.

I am the second owner of these and really do hate to see them go, but, they aren't being used like they should. I've owned them now for about 14 years and the original owner bought them new in early 1978. The crossover capacitors have been updated as they used those black caps with red ends which never last that well. They are complete with all original drivers including the 12" paper cone Watkins woofers, Phillips bass couplers, dome mids, and all 4 EMIT tweeters which all work. These will pretty much be plug and play but please give them some real power and not some dinky AV receiver with a junk amp in it. The original Walnut veneer is in great condition with no gouges or missing pieces and come with the original grills that have had the cloth replaced. I also found the original style 3M grill fasteners and I've replaced the stock ones that were less functional. I have always kept them oiled with Watco Medium Walnut Danish Oil.

You won't find these hardly anywhere for sale anymore and especially with the Watkins woofers and all original drivers and grills. As a bonus, these are also a mirror imaged pair. I will post some pictures just as soon as I can and hope to later today. These weigh about 100 pounds each so plan for that. Pick up in Searcy at the Police Department on Elm St and cash only. I will also entertain driving a reasonable distance to help out with pickup, if that helps.

Some info on them in the link below. If not, you can search the model number and get the flyers and manuals from the HiFiEngine website.

Sold 

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/infinity/quantum-3.shtml

Not sure if it’s just me but the pics aren’t showing up. Love the infinity emit stuff, btw. Just got the ‘ol lady to accept swapping out her forté II’s for some vintage infinity’s with emits so one of our forum brothers can borrow the fort’s to A/B with his Chorus’ I’s. Not many of the other speakers I have could’a convinced her, but she really loved the tone and energy of the emits. The infinity line from that era and through the 80’s/90’s leading up to the IRS beta V’s was really really high quality stuff and sounded incredible. Had a co-worker 20 years ago that had gamma’s and then got beta’s with the emit/Emim panels and the separate woofer towers and external crossovers. Drove it with some McCormack dna series amps. It was an amazing set-up. Gonna be looking for some gamma’s kappa’s or beta’s in the future myself. Good luck with the sale! 

-Rooster

Interesting.  Thanks for letting me know about pics.  I can see them while browsing on my phone and could also see them on my desktop, too. Hopefully someone else will chime in a d confirm this one way or another! 

Great story! Thanks! 

A favorite of my first sets of quality speakers was a pair of the Infinity RS 4B's.  The high end on them SIZZLED with the EMIT tweeter and dome midrange.  They sounded GREAT with all types of music.  They were made with solid OAK PANELS and they looked (and sounded) as good as the day I bought them.  I hated to sell them....then KLIPSCH came along!

11 hours ago, Fido said:

what are you selling them?

What or why?  If you mean why, I just don't use them...they sit.  And I'm just not wanting things  to sit around anymore for decoration when they are such good speakers.  I built a pair of Klipsch Belle inspired clone speakers and those are t he main thing I listen to.

Sorry - I meant why? I totally understand as I have been giving my equipment away to family and friends in recent years instead of storing them somewhere forever and not using them. Had a nice Pair of Cerwin Vega 380SE speakers I gave to a nephew recently that I had out in my garage taking up space and now he's totally enjoying them. I also gave away my old AVR and a KEF subwoofer I never listened to once I bought my HSU subs - I think it is probably time to get rid of my NAD 3200 Amp and preamp and Tuner and my CD players which I never ever use anymore. Once I got my Bluesound Node 2i streamer and Denefrips Dac I will never go back to CDs

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...