Klipsch Chorus II And rear back klipsch 64-650-thx - $1150 (Las Vegas)

Alexander

9 hours ago, Digger78 said:

I picked up these chorus ii and I let myself get swindled lol. Beware I wouldn't buy from this seller again. Now all I need is a working woofer k48. 

Sorry to hear that. I take it that you had tested to if it might have been say something in the xover.

10 hours ago, Digger78 said:

I picked up these chorus ii and I let myself get swindled lol. Beware I wouldn't buy from this seller again. Now all I need is a working woofer k48. 

That sucks. Did you try to contact him about the bad woofer? Did you get the 650’s too?

I think you're giving me too much credit about having it tested! Lol. I did a quick grab with my wife in the car and the guys were a little sketchy so I tried to do it quick. It was a local purchase and I told him it didn't work and he said sale as AS IS. He still haS my speakers listed on eBay. Moving on. I really could use a K 48 or substitute that would be adequate. Any suggestions? I'm a little leery about a repair can they actually bring it back to the original spec?

5 hours ago, Digger78 said:

I think you're giving me too much credit about having it tested! Lol. I did a quick grab with my wife in the car and the guys were a little sketchy so I tried to do it quick. It was a local purchase and I told him it didn't work and he said sale as AS IS. He still haS my speakers listed on eBay. Moving on. I really could use a K 48 or substitute that would be adequate. Any suggestions? I'm a little leery about a repair can they actually bring it back to the original spec?

I do not know the answer to your question, but you may want to contact Speaker Exchange. They are an authorized Klipsch repair center, they re- coned my forte II passives and maybe they can do the same for your k48k(s)..

https://reconingspeakers.com/

Would check the connections from the crossover to the woofer. Would reseat the connections to the woofer. Also, while looking in from the rear passive, would look at the rear of woofer to see if it reads K-48-K or K-48-E.

Check the voice coil from the front.

If industrious, swap the woofer to the working one. If good, it counts to a problem with the crossover.

Do this and then, we shall go from there.

Abit hard to believe woofer is bad but...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alexander said:

I do not know the answer to your question, but you may want to contact Speaker Exchange. They are an authorized Klipsch repair center, they re- coned my forte II passives and maybe they can do the same for your k48k(s)..

https://reconingspeakers.com/

7 hours ago, billybob said:

Would check the connections from the crossover to the woofer. Would reseat the connections to the woofer. Also, while looking in from the rear passive, would look at the rear of woofer to see if it reads K-48-K or K-48-E.

If industrious, swap the woofer to the working one. If good, it counts to a problem with the crossover.

I got a good look at it today. The cone is totally separated/torn from the voice coil. I didn't even bother to mention that the tweeter was toast as well.The prior owner was using a Sunfire amp. It has k-48 there is no (e) or (k)  after.  It seems from reading relevant threads that some have been down this very road before me.  

7 hours ago, billybob said:

Screenshot_20200606-033528_Video Player.jpg

• Like 1