Super Heresy Update

As the guy who also brought you the version 2.0 of this mod, I'm here to announce the end of the Neo Woofer I used in that v 2.0 box. It is no longer available from Eminence,  which means I'm going back to my original recommendation of the K42-like Eminence woofer in the original thread.

With @DaveA's Excellent and PROVEN tweeter horn lens the sMAHL with various B&C drivers, it shall REMAIN as my recommended Super Tweeter that should "drop right in" so to speak. The only change I would make is to lower the Tweeter Capacitor Value from 4 uF to a   3.3 or 2.0 uF to tame the sibilance a bit on some recordings. Other than that, the other parts of the mod shall remain the same for now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I'm going back to my original recommendation of the K42-like Eminence woofer in the original thread.

Oh, thank goodness.  I thought my original speaker pair was going to be irrelevent any day now.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dave A said:

I tune mine with mostly Cello music ;D

LOL. I tune mine with software first, then verify with measurement under different room conditions as well as outdoors. Even without an anechoic chamber and a Klipsch salary, a DIY guy can do this so easily nowadays. I remember being a member of the Audio Engineering Society in my early 20's (inspired by PWK's writings) and realizing it would cost about $25,000 MINIMUM to get measurement gear which you can now get for less than a kilobuck (or Free in some cases). Life is good for Speaker geeks these days!

2 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

LOL. I tune mine with software first, then verify with measurement under different room conditions as well as outdoors. Even without an anechoic chamber and a Klipsch salary, a DIY guy can do this so easily nowadays. I remember being a member of the Audio Engineering Society in my early 20's (inspired by PWK's writings) and realizing it would cost about $25,000 MINIMUM to get measurement gear which you can now get for less than a kilobuck (or Free in some cases). Life is good for Speaker geeks these days!

I use an earcrometer

• Haha 2