Pioneer SX-1050 & JBL L166's - $200 Estate Sale

Frzninvt

This is going up for sale at 9AM this morning if anyone is interested.  I have too much gear I can pick up and store for someone until you can retrieve it.  Looks like the L166 woofers need a refoam no surprise there.  They state the Pioneer SX-1050 is working fine and you get a free Pioneer CD changer as well.  Let me know if I can help.

https://shop.estatesalesandconsignments.com/vintage-stereo-lot-with-pioneer-sx-1050-receiver-and-more-price-includes-tax-stk-14926-131/

Yes they are right up the road from me.  What are you looking for the receiver?  It would take some doing to correctly and safely ship it.  Would need some stout cartons unless you plan on having Fedex or UPS do it for you.  I see they are still availalbe which is surprising since that receiver is desireable.

Yes did you get this??? What’s the status??? Hope you guys did. That 1050 is awesome. If needed I have a tech close that can do a recap. He rebuilt a Kenny kr-9600 for me and is gonna do a pioneer sx-1010 complete audio path and output re-cap. Boy I hope you guys snagged this- and if you’re needing some help getting it up to spec or want to flip it gimme a holla. 

-Rooster

It was gone before we made a move.  I knew it was a deal but I did not have use for them.  I have too much gear already.  I picked up a nice Onkyo TX-DS989 Receiver and a Toshiba SD-9200 DVD/CD player not too long ago from them for like $100.

Right on. Thanks for giving everyone a heads up- and if they ever have any of the higher series pioneer marantz Kenwood or sansui vintage reciever or integrates at prices like this hit me up in a pm and I guarantee to make it worth your time. 

-Rooster

1 hour ago, Frzninvt said:

I knew it was a deal but I did not have use for them.  I have too much gear already. 

What? You quitter. 

OMG, a SX1050 and JBL speakers for $200? I would have let you keep the JBL speaker, tossed you a $100 for the nice junk you like and paid shipping, just to have the Pioneer... and I'm not a Pioneer man. :P

I would have like this deal, but carlthess hit you up first. That was a GREAT deal. 

I guess this is where I fess up about balking on an SX-1050 for $200 in a thrift store a several years back because it didn’t have power meters...

Already had an SX-3500 with FLOUROSCAN (!) meters.

Bought a nice Technics SA-500 for $60 though because it had, you guessed it, LED (!) power meters.

...sigh

6 minutes ago, geoff. said:

I guess this is where I fess up about balking on an SX-1050 for $200 in a thrift store a several years back because it didn’t have power meters...

Okay, I will fess up too: I have had a few SX x80 models and liked them due to the meters. That was then, but since then I have read too many times that the SX xx50 series had some build qualities that the 80 series lacked.