Klipsch Heresy III - $950 (Denver)

Alexander

Could you get the Heresy III with badges like that? I just don't recall ever seeing them.  I think in the second photo, there is also velcro to hold on the grilles, which seems odd as well. Maybe they're older grilles installed on newer Heresy III?

Could these be Heresy IIs with the Heresy III upgrade kit?  I'm not familiar with the actual H-3, but those do look a lot like Heresy IIs.  However, they will sound just as good as original Heresy IIIs, because every component but the box is replaced.  I upgraded one of my H-2s to H-3 spec while it was serving as the front centre speaker, and it was a very worthwhile upgrade.  

The normal thing to do would have been to upgrade both of my speakers, but I wanted to see if the upgrade kit was as good as the claims I'd heard.  Wow!  It really was.  As soon as I re-connected the speaker, now with the new parts in it, the deeper bass was obvious, plus I had to dial down its level, to match it with the other speakers in the system.  The sensitivity was claimed to go up by 2 dB, from 97 to 99, and it increased by at least that much.

That was in 2008.  A year later, I got a Belle Klipsch to serve as the centre speaker, which was better yet.  However, the H-2/H-3 is still in service, now working as the rear centre speaker in my 6.1 system.  And it still sounds great!