Pair Mcintosh MC-30 Mono SOLD

joessportster

The monos were serviced by "The Audio Lab" Proprietor a couple years ago. Brought back to speck electrically retaining the original cosmetics. Keeping the electrical as close to original as possible also.

The amps have seen VERY little use since the service. I plugged them in today for a couple hours with no issues at all. The gain and hum adjust pots all work. The only thing worth mentioning is the tubes "ARE NOT MATCHED, & NO RECTIFIER WILL BE SUPPLIED" but the 5u4 are cheap to get if you dont have a pair. 1 barrier strip screw is missing and 1 bottom plate screw head is broken off

Selling 100 Percent "AS IS" the amps are 60+ years old and while they sounded fine playing them here I can not and will not offer any type warranty / guarantee

The amps present well from a few feet away but close inspection will show there age the chrome has some pitting and rust. see pics. I did not try to clean them any as most of the screen printing is still intact and I did not want to mess it up any more than age has done (Its at least 75% intact)

As you can see in the pics the original badges and stickers etc are still intact. The amps are easily worth the asking price but I will entertain REASONABLE offers Not looking for trades unless its something I can not resist so feel free to reach out but I would much prefer a $$$$ deal.

I have many more pics available to SERIOUSLY interested parties. I will accept paypal but prefer gift or Family / Friends on this one as again they are sold AS IS with NO Guarantee or Warranty. You are welcome to pick them up and hear them or I can ship on the buyers dime. Location is 28351 North Carolina

I've run a lot of Mac gear through my systems over low, these many years and in my experience, the MC-30's (and the MC-225) are the most musical tube amps McIntosh has offered. The 1st 'nice' setup I ever bought was a pr of MC-30's, a MX-110 pre and a pr of Khorns I picked up at a 2nd-hand shop back in college. They sounded great together but when I moved away, I foolishly sold the amps, loaned the pre and left the Khorns behind, none to be seen again. Klipsch and vintage McIntosh tube gear compliment one another nicely and the MC-30's are some of my all-time favorite Mac gear... Joe's a pretty good guy too!

• Like 2

Guys I need to sell my flat bed trailer for these ( got to have dream amps) these would be my last amps that I would ever buy. Yea, right. Maybe after I pass away. Lol

Great amps and can’t believe they have not sold yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, JBryan said:

I've run a lot of Mac gear through my systems over low, these many years and in my experience, the MC-30's (and the MC-225) are the most musical tube amps McIntosh has offered. The 1st 'nice' setup I ever bought was a pr of MC-30's, a MX-110 pre and a pr of Khorns I picked up at a 2nd-hand shop back in college. They sounded great together but when I moved away, I foolishly sold the amps, loaned the pre and left the Khorns behind, none to be seen again. Klipsch and vintage McIntosh tube gear compliment one another nicely and the MC-30's are some of my all-time favorite Mac gear... Joe's a pretty good guy too!

Hey Bryan..............Long time no hear.Hows that VPI Bro in Law pick it up yet ?...........If I had a larger abode I might hold onto them and get a pair of Klipsch, Your Recommendation speaks loads being one of the chief culprits in my journey down tube amp hell, Still have that Cyrus Brenneman Cavalier Kt88 10 WPC beauty ?  I have not seen 1 again since I ignorantly let that one go....................Stay safe my friend (We all have regrets of the gear we let go, systems always seem to catch back up)

My tech has a beautiful pair of these i’m gonna be picking up soon!! Now only if I needed 4 tube mono’s..., Somebody pick these up -the tube Mac gear with rectifiers is like nothing else I’ve heard. Warm, musical, authoritative doesn’t even begin to describe it.  Incredible with klipsch. Mac gear keeps its value as well. And the price here is a bit less than i’ma be shelling out for my tech’s pair  (you could probably get more for them- a big thanks and 👍 for looking out for your forum bro’s) 

GLWS

-Rooster

8 minutes ago, Rooster42 said:

My tech has a beautiful pair of these i’m gonna be picking up soon!! Now only if I needed 4 tube mono’s..., Somebody pick these up -the tube Mac gear with rectifiers is like nothing else I’ve heard. Warm, musical, authoritative doesn’t even begin to describe it.  Incredible with klipsch. Mac gear keeps its value as well. And the price here is a bit less than i’ma be shelling out for my tech’s pair  (you could probably get more for them- a big thanks and 👍 for looking out for your forum bro’s) 

GLWS

-Rooster

I know they are worth more I always discount prices here on the forums I have them listed elsewhere for 200 more and thats still below market..........Times are hard though.  appreciate the words

• Like 1

Thanks joe, 

yeah the times being hard are why my tech is letting his go. I thought I was gonna be picking them up this week, but could see in his eyes he really wasn’t ready to say farewell just yet (and the fact that he’s done thousands $$$ in service and sales to me in the last month are making it a lil easier on him. I told him the money is there at his asking price whenever he’s ready or in need. I think he wanted to have one last dance with them though, so I didn’t push it. I’m pretty sure i’ll be picking them up on my next trip out in a couple of weeks. I can say there’s nothing quite like the 30’s. They definitely perform better than any other piece of kit at 30wpc that I’ve ever heard. Incredible current. Slamming bass for tube gear and a great midrange that reminds me of live shows, without too much sizzle on the top end. One of mac’s best amps ever IMHO. 

-Rooster