Difference between 1132 and 1133 drivers

Dave A

found this ---

Bonehead

• Forum Veteran
  •  
  • Klipsch Employees
  • 700 posts

Since we don't sell them as raw drivers we currently don't have spec sheets on them. On the Kt series the need to add a snout to take the driver to a 1.4" or 2" exit has been removed. The driver front plate exits at 2". The phase plug for the 1132 is different than the phase plug of the 1133. The KT diap has a few tweaks but should work.

•  

moray james

• Klipsch Fanatic
  •  
  • moray james
  • Heritage Members
  • 5200 posts

2 hours ago, Coytee said:

I think the 1132 can be viewed as a driver who's intent is to be in a 2-way system and the 1133 is intended to be in a 3-way system.

That's my understanding.

That's right and my question was how to tell unmarked drivers from each other.

3 hours ago, Dave A said:

That's right and my question was how to tell unmarked drivers from each other.

Well, I didn't read your question, I just wanted to show you how smart I wasn't.

:tongue:

Do I have another voice in the back of my head (typically drowned out by the other voices in my head)....  that one has a phase plug?  (implying the other might not)

I shrug my shoulders.  Too many voices.

Anyone think to ask @Chief bonehead??  I understand he might have an inside track on the differences.

• Haha 1

He's a busy guy and I don't want to bother him with questions until I have spent some time trying to find an answer first. As it turns out the answer was simple to see when I placed some side by side with an old 1132 I had.

The 1132 is the American version. The 1132 A is the Canadian version A? LOL.

I have had both the snout version and the non snout version of the 1133 which rolls off at about 5 Khz., so it's defininitely 3 way. Snout and non snout were BOTH a 2" exit.

I'm pretty sure they use the same Titanium Diaphragm, magnet, etc. but use different phase plugs to shift the band upwards for the 1132 for 2 way with shelving.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, jwc said:

Phase plug

Yes for sure but my question was how to visually identify them since the drivers I got recently had all ID and serial numbers pulled off them. The visual clue is the rubber thing around the outside of the magnet which denotes the 1132.