Welcome New Forum Member

Kettle Moraine Klipsch

Hi, 

Well this is my first time in the , Klipsch Community , actually my first time in a forum I'm 66

and not very computer literate. So play nice.

I was trying to figure out how to start things off, so I googled How to get started on the

Klipsch  Community and ended up to this post of 33klfan, how he felt Picked on and I said Oh Boy

what am I getting into, but I can handle it . I'll try to be on my best behavior and we will all get along.

• Like 7

• Moderators

I helped you out here @Kettle Moraine Klipsch and took your post out of an older dead thread and put it here where people will see it.

Welcome to the Forum, you will find plenty of Klipsch Fans, audio enthusiasts and generally really good people.

You could start by talking about what speakers/system you have and then you will become hooked.

Travis

• Like 2

• Moderators

Yes welcome you will be fine, if someone picks on you ignore them, it sometimes works but really they won't be anything but nice, well until they know you a bit, then they might tease. :lol:

66 and not very computer literate, sounds like your made for this place, so what kind of speakers you have or like ?

When I first joined here I was nervous, mostly because I had so many questions i needed answers to help guide me, there was no shortage of help and ideas here which helped me over the years get to where I wanted to be in this hobby without starving trying to do it. I don't know of any other place to get such a huge amount of experience combined and willing to help.

• Like 2

@Kettle Moraine Klipsch,

Welcome to the forum.

9 hours ago, Kettle Moraine Klipsch said:

Klipsch  Community and ended up to this post of 33klfan, how he felt Picked on and I said Oh Boy

what am I getting into, but I can handle it . I'll try to be on my best behavior and we will all get along.

I say dish it back with class.  Seriously, on this forum you will find most are very polite and willing to help.  A few arrogant jerks may rear their ugly heads but just ignore.

Bill

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

@Kettle Moraine Klipsch

Welcome!

I wear a sarong, have less than $2000 in my system....If I can fit in, you'll be fine

There are some very nice and well informed people around here. Passionate, too. Which can give rise to some "attitudes".

Like [watch this] mentioning Bose as great....

no highs, no lows, must be Bose!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

by the by

these folks are great enablers

I bought a pair of entry level bookshelf speakers... R15Ms  Liked them. Got on this forum, looking for something a "little more". Came home 6 months later, with a pair of LaScalas.

You forgot the 5k miles traveled to get them home!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

You forgot the 5k miles traveled to get them home!

true

I was headed that direction for a family gathering.  That is why it took 6 months to get them. The stars kinda lined up for me. I just had to wait  to pick them up.

the LaScalas fitting in that tiny car was part of the fun, too.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I didn't want to make them feel bad, you know how it is these days...people's feelers get hurt.

That's funny and true. 

Hope we did not scare him off already.  :huh:

• Like 1