Cornscala custom!

jon91661

So, I posted the parts for these a while ago, but had a lot of interest in not only the parts but the cabs also.    I was going to keep the cabs, but they are just too huge, and because of all the speakers in the house, my wife started looking at me funny.  Anyway, I built a couple pairs of these.  I usually build 2 pairs of every project so I can use one to tweak, and then keep the final incarnation.  This was the first pair I built and then I did one in all maple.  These are the ones i tried several different drivers in, and decided to sell them with all the parts I offered a while back.  These have the crites cast frame woofers, and I had AL at ALK build me some APL600, and ES5800 crossovers for them.  Also built the Eliptrac 400 horns and tweeters.  Midrange is B&C 250 and Tweeter is B&C also.  Really no expense was spared on these incredible speakers.  The cabs as you can see, are of very high caliber, and more than likely some of the best Cornscala cabs made?  IMHO.   I built them so I am partial of course ; )

I have decided to sell the complete speaker.  They sound magnificent as many of you can imagine.  The one word that comes to mind with these speakers is  "Prodigious"    

They will fill a VERY large room with very little wattage and sound like a live band doing it!  I love JAZZ and these certainly excel in that category.   I also built very nice grills for these that are included.

I am willing to ship these but only at the buyers expense.  They are very heavy, I built them to last a lifetime.  About 180lbs each.    I did the fronts in textured black paint, which looks pretty cool I think, also easy to touch up.  Baffles, and walls are 1.5".   I refinished the tops and finished them in a non stainable finish because my wife was always putting stuff on them.  It looks good, and it is very durable.

Sorry for being long winded but I am trying to answer most questions, and be as detailed as possible.   

These are very fine horn speakers and I am very happy with how they came out.  I am quite sure whoever buys them will feel the same.

Please feel free to call if your interested.  559-994-1398.

Regards,  Jon

IMG_1518-2.jpg

IMG_3015.jpg

• Like 3

I have these set up in my living room and can demo if you are close?     Also, not sure whats going on, but it seems I am limited posting photos?  Never happened before?   I have many pictures of them so If you want some more pics, I can send them personally.

Thanks,  Jon

Fine looking pair of speakers there. I don't doubt the weight looking at the layers in the first pic, don't like resonance huh?

Location and an asking price might help you move them, good luck.

Yep newer members are limited in pics.

There are other options, I use postimage.

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Fine looking pair of speakers there. I don't doubt the weight looking at the layers in the first pic, don't like resonance huh?

Shit, forgot that part,  Duh!  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jon91661 said:

I have these set up in my living room and can demo if you are close?     Also, not sure whats going on, but it seems I am limited posting photos?  Never happened before?   I have many pictures of them so If you want some more pics, I can send them personally.

Thanks,  Jon

3 minutes ago, jon91661 said:

Thanks,  Jon

I live in central Valley CA. 93619.   $3500.00

9 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Yep newer members are limited in pics.

There are other options, I use postimage.

funny thing is that I have posted many pics before and never had a problem?  It also says I have plenty of space left??  Strange?

What driver do you use for the squawker?  Do you have a photo of the driver attached to the horn?  From the attached photo, it appears to break the plane of the rear panel.

They look very nice.  I hope you find a buyer willing to pay a sum you are willing to accept.  GLWS.

24F40C2F-A049-4F53-85B8-9CA3DD47F499.jpeg

I’ve taken the liberty of posting a photo sent to me by Jon, the OP.  It confirms the squawker driver does not break the plane of the rear panel. I bet these sound as good as, or better than, they look.

I’m impressed with the attention to detail.  The construction that will be hidden is still elegant, such as the round over of the board to which the squawker driver is attached.

ADFFD2AE-D733-414C-9F1B-E13E5BF0F5E4.jpeg

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 6/6/2020 at 10:39 PM, jon91661 said:

Also, not sure whats going on, but it seems I am limited posting photos

We got the clarification we needed and have reset your thread, cleared the clutter.

I'm not sure what issue is on photos except maybe size.. @DizRotus may be able to help more, he may have resized them.

GLWS.

I have never done this before on any site--but I gotta say, in a just saying kind of way, because I do not know you from Adam--WOW!  I a cab admirer in general; and you, Sir, know thy craft, and then some!  Advanced member, indeed.  I'm a lurker but follow this great site.  You are not immodest; I have never seen this artful a build.

On 6/11/2020 at 3:09 PM, nurxhunter said:

I have never done this before on any site--but I gotta say, in a just saying kind of way, because I do not know you from Adam--WOW!  I a cab admirer in general; and you, Sir, know thy craft, and then some!  Advanced member, indeed.  I'm a lurker but follow this great site.  You are not immodest; I have never seen this artful a build.

Thanks,  Yea, it is a very well made cabinet!  I have never seen a cornscala built this well on the site?     They sound amazing also :)