Plantar fasciitis, how can I get rid of it!

JL Sargent

17 minutes ago, mr clean said:

Merrell Moab 2 boots have great inserts. That is one hiking boot I can wear with out putting other inserts in. Great boots!

They sure do.  Got two pairs.  WPs and Vents.  Only shoes I have that I have not switched to orthopedics. 

Bill

• Like 3

From about 1995 to 2014 I suffered with plantar Faciitis.

Inserts helped lessen the agony, but still was killing me. Rolling on a golf ball - again reduced it a bit, stretches - did nothing effectively nothing helped. Steroid shot - nope no relief.

In 2013 I had topaz surgery and they had to cut it open not do with cat scanning it - my situation was so bad from calicification  etc etc.

Sept 2013 I had it on my right foot and after 12 weeks and the progressive walking schedule - boom no more pain. The doctor wanted to get my left foot in a year or 2. Except 2014 I started going to the chiropractor who I had adjust my legs and feet - yea took a good bit of training a few of em.

4 appts a month kept all pain at bay till in 2016 I lost 70-80 lb and realized carbs feed that inflammation path way etc etc - gone for the most part pain in my left foot as well.

I occasionally roll on golf balls, wear inserts in shoes etc etc but the pain mostly is gone, and if its there is pretty mild. Not the 10 level 24/7/365 for 20 yrs.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, willland said:

They sure do.  Got two pairs.  WPs and Vents.  Only shoes I have that I have not switched to orthopedics. 

Bill

I have two pair also. Only boot I ever had that needed 0 break in. Wear very well also. I wear them 75 percent or so of the time.. 

• Like 2

On 6/7/2020 at 5:53 PM, JL Sargent said:

and make sure there's magnesium in my one a days.

Not enough in the one a day,take extra.

This will never go away completely,all you can do is treat the symptoms and do what you can to keep in in check.

I have to wear steel toed steel shank boots at work all day,inserts help some but at the end of the day I can't wait to get them off.

I have some comfy moccasins I put on as soon as I'm off the clock.

We have lockers at work so my boots hard hat etc. stay there,I wear my slip on moccasins for the drive to and from work.

The guys at work give me a hard time about my slippers. lol:) but I don't give a rats *** what they say.😌

• Like 1

14 hours ago, y2keglide said:

Not enough in the one a day,take extra.

This will never go away completely,all you can do is treat the symptoms and do what you can to keep in in check.

I have to wear steel toed steel shank boots at work all day,inserts help some but at the end of the day I can't wait to get them off.

I have some comfy moccasins I put on as soon as I'm off the clock.

We have lockers at work so my boots hard hat etc. stay there,I wear my slip on moccasins for the drive to and from work.

The guys at work give me a hard time about my slippers. lol:) but I don't give a rats *** what they say.😌

I bought some insoles about a week after the pain started. It does not bother me anymore. Everything else hurts, but not the plantar faciitis. 

3 hours ago, mr clean said:

I bought some insoles about a week after the pain started. It does not bother me anymore. Everything else hurts, but not the plantar faciitis. 

OK, I give up. That name has nothing to do about what happens to your feet. Maybe they should call it painful foot syndrome.

JJK