What's your favorite song to play a little louder

Could sound better

Try these (but you’ll want to have good speakers 😜)

Speedway at Nazareth - Mark Knopfler, Sailing to Philadelphia album (my top choice, explodes around the 3 minute mark)

Money for Nothing (long version) - Dire Straits, Best of - Private Investigations

DSOTM - Pink Floyd (entire album)

Underture - The Who, Tommy 

Jammin - Bob Marley, Legend Best of -

added: As long as you’re going to find the MQA version of the Eagles’ Hell Freezes Over album on Tidal, listen to Take it Easy really loud too.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, sputnik said:

Try these (but you’ll want to have good speakers 😜)

Speedway at Nazareth - Mark Knopfler, Sailing to Philadelphia album (my top choice, explodes around the 3 minute mark)

Money for Nothing (long version) - Dire Straits, Best of - Private Investigations

DSOTM - Pink Floyd (entire album)

Underture - The Who, Tommy 

Jammin - Bob Marley, Legend Best of -

added: As long as you’re going to find the MQA version of the Eagles’ Hell Freezes Over album on Tidal, listen to Take it Easy really loud too.

"Satisfy my Soul" by Bob Marley is another good one!!

damn I gotta source more music.

• Like 1

@JJkizak

If we're going to do the down south stuff I'll stay with this one.

The original LP I've got sounds great and the "turner-upper" (ya know whoever you've got in the other seat of your truck) in me comes out every time!

Their best cover.

• Like 4

Enya and Tangerine Dream are good choices as well for good high volume play.

Of course, if you really want to shake the house, there’s always the classic digital cannons on the Telarc 1812 Overture
https://www.stereophile.com/content/recording-october-1979-telarc-1812-overture
I've had that album since it was originally pressed... talk about shaking the house! Especially through Khorns or Cornwalls... amazing.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Could sound better said:

"Satisfy my Soul" by Bob Marley is another good one!!

damn I gotta source more music.

If you like a little reggae beat try some Stick Figure, or Pepper=stone love, or some Tribal Seeds= The Garden, or Rebelution= Roots Reggae Music......... or some by Bob's son Ziggy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you like a little reggae beat try some Stick Figure, or Pepper=stone love, or some Tribal Seeds= The Garden, or Rebelution= Roots Reggae Music......... or some by Bob's son Ziggy.

Peter Tosh's version of "Get Up Stand Up" is pretty fracking spectacular as well, especially when cranked... amazing production and sound quality. I love Marley's original too, but Tosh's is grand. Saw him in concert opening for the Stones in '78 at the Big A in Anaheim and he was keeping a soccer ball in the air in rhythm with just his feet while singing this song... at least I think he was... the drugs passed around were pretty good that day ;-)

• Like 1

• Moderators

Peter Tosh and of course Bob, and Toots and the Maytals was what got me into Reggae around that same time. Peter Tosh was the first Reggae band I seen live, it was a little club outside of New Orleans about 30 miles called Ole Man Rivers, it only held about 150 people maby and when it was full they locked the doors. It was the first concert my wife went to with me after we were married, broke her in right. :lol:

We all sat in folding chairs, it was a little place out in the country, we were in the second row about 8' from the band, the band came out from the back door like Cheech and Chong in a cloud and everyone laughed, then the keyboardist laid out spliffs across the keyboard top. As they played they would light one pass it through the band and on to the audience and this never stopped, it was kind of funny the way it happened. But it was a great show, I took pictures I need to go through all my old pictures and find them.  

It may have just a small place they booked while on that same tour? Back then reggae was not as big so they probably played small places like that between shows ?

Peter Tosh and of course Bob, and Toots and the Maytals was what got me into Reggae around that same time. Peter Tosh was the first Reggae band I seen live, it was a little club outside of New Orleans about 30 miles called Ole Man Rivers, it only held about 150 people maby and when it was full they locked the doors. It was the first concert my wife went to with me after we were married, broke her in right. [emoji38]
We all sat in folding chairs, it was a little place out in the country, we were in the second row about 8' from the band, the band came out from the back door like Cheech and Chong in a cloud and everyone laughed, then the keyboardist laid out spliffs across the keyboard top. As they played they would light one pass it through the band and on to the audience and this never stopped, it was kind of funny the way it happened. But it was a great show, I took pictures I need to go through all my old pictures and find them.  

It may have just a small place they booked while on that same tour? Back then reggae was not as big so they probably played small places like that between shows ?
Well we saw them in '78 during the Stones "Some Girls" tour, summer, so if that's when you caught them, must be! What a shame to lose such a talent to senseless gun violence, but he did leave us with some awesome music!

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, wipster said:

Well we saw them in '78 during the Stones "Some Girls" tour, summer, so if that's when you caught them, must be! What a shame to lose such a talent to senseless gun violence, but he did leave us with some awesome music!

Probably was because when you said 78 that is the year we were married and it's the only reason I could remember what year it was. It seem when things get that far back the years all start to get blurry as to what year something happened, part of getting this many years down the road I guess. Some things you can't forget but exactly when it happened is tougher.

We also seen the Stones around that time so they may have played in N.O., I don't remember who was the opening band, I think there were a couple.

Probably was because when you said 78 that is the year we were married and it's the only reason I could remember what year it was. It seem when things get that far back the years all start to get blurry as to what year something happened, part of getting this many years down the road I guess. Some things you can't forget but exactly when it happened is tougher.

We also seen the Stones around that time so they may have played in N.O., I don't remember who was the opening band, I think there were a couple.
Ha! Know all about the blurry my friend... that whole trip was blurry and the concert definitely was. Bluesboy drove his non-airconditioned Monte Carlo straight through from Eastern WA to LA during the middle of the day, along with myself and another good friend. The Charlie Daniels Band was another of the opening acts that day. I could tell you so many stories about that day, but I'd probably have to shoot you.

Regardless, it was a great trip, never to be forgotten... at least what I can still remember...

• Haha 1