What's your favorite song to play a little louder

Could sound better

Stuff doesn't fall off my LaScala
The music I put on for wife, when she wanted loud was "Live +" by Jeff Beck.  It screams to be played loud.
Nor my Belle's, but then again they're like brothers eh?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, wipster said:
3 hours ago, grasshopper said:
 Stuff doesn't fall off my LaScala
The music I put on for wife, when she wanted loud was "Live +" by Jeff Beck.  It screams to be played loud.

Things vibrate a little but for the most part things will stay in place.

Good thing, I would probably cry if our stuff fell off the sub, it's where all the electronics sits. :o  A Ht receiver, BR player, sub amp, active crossover for 2 ch, 2 amps for 2 ch, a laptop for music and a satellite box.

OK it's a big sub, 68" wide so it all fits, and besides holding everything it thumps like a pro. :emotion-21:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Things vibrate a little but for the most part things will stay in place.

Good thing, I would probably cry if our stuff fell off the sub, it's where all the electronics sits. [emoji33]  A Ht receiver, BR player, sub amp, active crossover for 2 ch, 2 amps for 2 ch, a laptop for music and a satellite box.
OK it's a big sub, 68" wide so it all fits, and besides holding everything it thumps like a pro. :emotion-21:
68" wide? What the heck is it? Sounds like you could use it for a kitchen table [emoji16]!!!

• Haha 2

• Moderators

It's almost the size of the kitchen table, it's a Klipsch 1502, it is a prototype 15" version of the 1802 which only went into production for a short while. There will be something different coming along a little smaller later. I think they didn't stick with it because it was only a couple inches smaller than the 1802, if you can fit a 1502 you could fit the 1802 so no reason to have 2 that close in size. The 1502 is 2-3 Db less in in total output than the 1802. It's a horn loaded, vented sub, this style 1502 and 1802 are the first like this and is patented. They are impressive in sound quality and volume.

I use it for Ht and 2 Ch, mains are off to the sides.   I need to take pic's of the whole room room one day but it's messed up right now from remodeling another room.

speakers (38).jpg

• Like 2

It's almost the size of the kitchen table, it's a Klipsch 1502, it is a prototype 15" version of the 1802 which only went into production for a short while. There will be something different coming along a little smaller later. I think they didn't stick with it because it was only a couple inches smaller than the 1802, if you can fit a 1502 you could fit the 1802 so no reason to have 2 that close in size. The 1502 is 2-3 Db less in in total output than the 1802. It's a horn loaded, vented sub, this style 1502 and 1802 are the first like this and is patented. They are impressive in sound quality and volume.
I use it for Ht and 2 Ch, mains are off to the sides.   I need to take pic's of the whole room room one day but it's messed up right now from remodeling another room.

2108160519_speakers(38).thumb.jpg.c67b122dcffc124ee348c2941f51b3fd.jpg
Cool! But where's the 68" or did I misread your original post? I have a pair of KSW200's (which honestly is overkill but I had to fill the space with something ;-) and they definitely shake the room, can't imagine what your beauty does...

• Moderators

That sub is 68" wide, the Tv is a 65" for comparison.

The mains on each side of the room are oddly by freak accident also 68" wide, each. The room is 24' wide.

This pic you can see how some of the room is setup. The little speaker on top on the far side is a forte lll as a main for ht and the one in front of the sub is a Forte ll as a center on a little stand with wheels so it can roll out of the way, three forte ll's for rears. 6.1

2 Ch is the MWM/ 402 horn, it sounds OK as Roy would say. :lol: Ht and 2 Ch share the sub.

And my wife loves it all    And we rarely listen loud, but it sounds big at any volume. We never once claimed to be normal.

mwm.jpeg

• Like 1

The mains on each side of the room are oddly by freak accident also 68" wide, each. The room is 24' wide.
This pic you can see how some of the room is setup. The little speaker on top on the far side is a forte lll as a main for ht and the one in front of the sub is a Forte ll as a center on a little stand with wheels so it can roll out of the way, three forte ll's for rears. 6.1
2 Ch is the MWM/ 402 horn, it sounds OK as Roy would say. [emoji38] Ht and 2 Ch share the sub.

And my wife loves it all    And we rarely listen loud, but it sound big at any volume.
mwm.thumb.jpeg.53276fc3427a28d0ff42ca0b6796c373.jpeg
Damn! And you are a lucky man for having such a loving wife!

Rock on mate!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, dtel said:

2 Ch is the MWM/ 402 horn, it sounds OK as Roy would say. :lol: Ht and 2 Ch share the sub.

And my wife loves it all    And we rarely listen loud, but it sounds big at any volume. We never once claimed to be normal.

Go ahead, claim to be normal, I dare you!

You will probably get a pass from some here, more than almost anywhere else.

As long a you two are happy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators

That's funny, but your right quite a few here are not normal, some almost make me feel normal. But I won't claim it.

Were happy, well we haven't killed each other.......yet. :lol: But neither of us can not claim to maby have thought of it in 42 years. ;)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, wipster said:

What up @wipster? Good to see you're still rocking you Belles. Still have mine and love em!

Hope all is well up in Seattle. My daughter has moved back from there, so doubt I will be up again anytime soon. Beautiful part of the world.

• Like 1

What up [mention=26680]wipster[/mention]? Good to see you're still rocking you Belles. Still have mine and love em!
Hope all is well up in Seattle. My daughter has moved back from there, so doubt I will be up again anytime soon. Beautiful part of the world.

Hey Mookie! Things are going well my friend! However I'm on the other side of the state where we only get 6" of rain a year. Weird year for weather though, normally much warmer than it has been, but I'm not complaining. Belle's are sounding great, put Crites networks and driver's in them and matched them up with a Heresy center channel equipped the same... it makes for a seamless front bank, excellent for both music and video.

So in keeping with the real purpose of this thread, what music makes you want to pump more wattage through those Belle's?

Rock on my friend!

1 minute ago, wipster said:

Hey Mookie! Things are going well my friend! However I'm on the other side of the state where we only get 6" of rain a year. Weird year for weather though, normally much warmer than it has been, but I'm not complaining. Belle's are sounding great, put Crites networks and driver's in them and matched them up with a Heresy center channel equipped the same... it makes for a seamless front bank, excellent for both music and video.

So in keeping with the real purpose of this thread, what music makes you want to pump more wattage through those Belle's?

Rock on my friend!

Stevie Ray usually gets me going, but I bounce all over the spectrum. Ladies sound great on them (Bonnie Raitt, Linda Ronstadt, Susan Tedeschi  to name a few).

One song I get a kick out of is Beginnings by Chicago (long version). Santana is good, Yes, Allman Brothers, Marshall Tucker,........ See what I mean?

Stevie Ray usually gets me going, but I bounce all over the spectrum. Ladies sound great on them (Bonnie Raitt, Linda Ronstadt, Susan Tedeschi  to name a few).
One song I get a kick out of is Beginnings by Chicago (long version). Santana is good, Yes, Allman Brothers, Marshall Tucker,........ See what I mean?
I like your taste, especially SRV, Bonnie (her latest is excellent), and Tedeschi (especially teamed with her husband Derek Trucks... their new album is also excellent). Even though I collect a lot of vinyl, I must admit I find myself listening to TIDAL most of the time, mainly because of sound quality plus convenience. I have a playlist of about 780 of my favorite songs that I play on shuffle and that's what I play most of the time. What's great is if I discover a new artist or song, I just pop it on the playlist and I know I'll hear it again... eventually.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wipster said:

I like your taste, especially SRV, Bonnie (her latest is excellent), and Tedeschi (especially teamed with her husband Derek Trucks... their new album is also excellent). Even though I collect a lot of vinyl, I must admit I find myself listening to TIDAL most of the time, mainly because of sound quality plus convenience. I have a playlist of about 780 of my favorite songs that I play on shuffle and that's what I play most of the time. What's great is if I discover a new artist or song, I just pop it on the playlist and I know I'll hear it again... eventually.

I am working from memory (so forgive me) wasn't the first song you listened to on your new Belles - Lenny?

4 hours ago, dtel said:

mwm.jpeg

looks like a Very nice setup!!

normal? I’d rather live a happy life. Mama & I are jr high school sweethearts. I’m pretty sure she’s wanted to kill me a couple to so far. But she didn’t.