What's your favorite song to play a little louder

Could sound better

That sub is 68" wide, the Tv is a 65" for comparison.

The mains on each side of the room are oddly by freak accident also 68" wide, each. The room is 24' wide.
This pic you can see how some of the room is setup. The little speaker on top on the far side is a forte lll as a main for ht and the one in front of the sub is a Forte ll as a center on a little stand with wheels so it can roll out of the way, three forte ll's for rears. 6.1
2 Ch is the MWM/ 402 horn, it sounds OK as Roy would say. [emoji38] Ht and 2 Ch share the sub.

And my wife loves it all    And we rarely listen loud, but it sounds big at any volume. We never once claimed to be normal.
mwm.thumb.jpeg.53276fc3427a28d0ff42ca0b6796c373.jpeg
Dtel, are the side speakers KPT-MCM-Q-II's? Why aren't you using those for home theater? Granted they're overkill, but just curious...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, wipster said:

Dtel, are the side speakers KPT-MCM-Q-II's? Why aren't you using those for home theater? Granted they're overkill, but just curious...

NO, they are a four Klipsch MWM single bins Bins for Bass, topped off with a pair Of K-402 Horns an K-69 drivers off the top of a pair of Jubilees. This setup sounds even better than Jubilees. 

Roger

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, wipster said:

Eldon, his wife Christy and their daughter Jamie attended a private listening session years back to listen to some early Jubilees. Several people in attendance noticed some MWM bins laying around and wanted to hook the top end of the Jubilee up to the MWM's. They drug the MWM's into place and put the Jubilee tops on and all culprites involved agreed that the MWM's sounded better and Eldon's Wife Christy and their Daughter Jamie decided that was what Eldon needed. Later Eldon found two clapped out Klipsch MWM single bins and put a pair of split La Scala tops on them. Later, Eldon collected four K-43 Woofers and used his factory MWM singles for measurements and built four exact copies out of Oak. A deer friend of Christy and Eldon fixed them up with a pair of Jubilee top ends and the rest is history. Eldon still has his old factory pair of Klipsch MWM single bins with split La Scala tops out in a shed and drags them outside occasionally for outdoor duty.  :D

Roger

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Eldon, his wife Christy and their daughter Jamie attended a private listening session years back to listen to some early Jubilees. Several people in attendance noticed some MWM bins laying around and wanted to hook the top end of the Jubilee up to the MWM's. They drug the MWM's into place and put the Jubilee tops on and all culprites involved agreed that the MWM's sounded better and Eldon's Wife Christy and their Daughter Jamie decided that was what Eldon needed. Later Eldon found two clapped out Klipsch MWM single bins and put a pair of split La Scala tops on them. Later, Eldon collected four K-43 Woofers and used his factory MWM singles for measurements and built four exact copies out of Oak. A deer friend of Christy and Eldon fixed them up with a pair of Jubilee top ends and the rest is history. Eldon still has his old factory pair of Klipsch MWM single bins with split La Scala tops out in a shed and drags them outside occasionally for outdoor duty.  [emoji3]

Roger
Thanks for the explanation! I know squat about Klipsch cinema products so this has been a learning experience. I'm gonna to have to point Bluesboy to this (if he hasn't seen it before), as he might like to build some MSM replicas.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, wipster said:

Thanks for the explanation! I

Sorry got busy doing other things, Thanks Rodger for answering. The MWM with the 402 horn was put in the anechoic chamber to get a plot to see whet the active crossover need to do, Roy did a great job, as usual. I have some factory bins so I measure to make mine out of Red oak for inside.

8 minutes ago, wipster said:

I'm gonna to have to point Bluesboy to this (if he hasn't seen it before), as he might like to build some MSM replicas.

I will pm you something to give him.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dtel said:

Sorry got busy doing other things, Thanks Rodger for answering. The MWM with the 402 horn was put in the anechoic chamber to get a plot to see whet the active crossover need to do, Roy did a great job, as usual. I have some factory bins so I measure to make mine out of Red oak for inside.

I will pm you something to give him.

Dad,

When are you going to learn how to spell Roger ?

Rog

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:
5 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

A deer friend of Christy and Eldon

They are friends of humans and animals. 

Well I have friends and eat animals, except our two little dogs, not enough meat anyway.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/11/2020 at 6:50 PM, twistedcrankcammer said:

NO, they are a four Klipsch MWM single bins Bins for Bass, topped off with a pair Of K-402 Horns an K-69 drivers off the top of a pair of Jubilees. This setup sounds even better than Jubilees. 

Roger

really  unique setup ---------plus you can put them in the 4 corners -and being in the middle in an X pattern -   the sound should be sublime-