"SOLD" Klipsch Epic CF3's for sale - $800

Iteachstem

Beautiful pair of Klipsch Epic CF-3's.  Built the 234th day of 1994. Revision 2 version.  They were completely refinished in a cabinet grade finish with multiple coats of polycrylic.  No longer are they the boring black speakers they started out as!  In addition, dampening material was added to the horn and outrigger feet were added (the spikes can unscrew for wood floors) as for some reason the feet to many old speakers mysteriously "walk off!" The front board was finished in textured paint. All drivers are original with no loose or pushed in dust caps or damaged surrounds. The speaker grills are in near perfect condition. I'm asking $800. I priced them way lower than any similar CF3's I could find online.  Plus, these are much nicer!  I will not ship as I have many hours of labor into refinishing these speakers and I don't want to see them destroyed in the shipping process. I am in the southwest burbs of Chicago near Naperville.  You really must see these in person as the pictures do not do them justice. They are one of a kind and beautiful. I will be able to audition them for you safely in my garage.  Please message me with any specific questions or if you want additional pictures. Also, you can check CL or US Audio Mart for more pics.

image5.jpg

image4.jpg

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

image7.jpg

image8.jpg

Unfortunately, as some of us have fallen victim to with online dating, looks can be deceiving in pictures! :) These are the 2.5" ports.  However, they are the Version 2 as they have the thicker clear coated wiring and the thicker woofer cones.

On 6/7/2020 at 10:55 PM, Iteachstem said:

Beautiful pair of Klipsch Epic CF-3's.  Built the 234th day of 1994. Revision 2 version.  They were completely refinished in a cabinet grade finish with multiple coats of polycrylic.

how did you get these to that dark wood finish , it is very well done

It is a wiping stain by MasterBrand Cabinets INC  The color is Cinnamon.  It's the same stain Thomasville Cabinets uses with their upper line of kitchen cabinetry. It's quite tricky to use as you have to wipe an entire side all within a couple seconds.  If you let it dry for more than a couple seconds it will wipe the stain off if you go over a spot you think needs more product.  (I learned that the hard way when I was staining a counter top I built to go over my washer/dryer.  Grr!)  I am planning on refinishing a set of black KLF 20's I have, but I might actually try some other finishing techniques on the KLF's to see what I can come up with.

• 3 weeks later...

Someone local just purchased my set of RF-3's I was using as my back surround speakers. (I know, a little overkill, but it's what I had at the time!)  When they were auditioning them they saw my refinished CF-3's out of the corner of their eyes.  Naturally, he had to ask if they were for sale and of course I made his day by saying yes!  After looking at them he asked if he could come back in the near future and audition them!  So, hopefully they will have a new home soon!

9 minutes ago, Iteachstem said:

Someone local just purchased my set of RF-3's I was using as my back surround speakers. (I know, a little overkill, but it's what I had at the time!)  When they were auditioning them they saw my refinished CF-3's out of the corner of their eyes.  Naturally, he had to ask if they were for sale and of course I made his day by saying yes!  After looking at them he asked if he could come back in the near future and audition them!  So, hopefully they will have a new home soon!

GLWS

4 hours ago, Shaun K said:

I love the feet, I may need to do the same thing since a few have "walked off" my CF's :D 

I purchased them from www.parts-express.com  They aren't very expensive. You have to check them over carefully, as one set I ordered had pretty noticeable surface scratches on them... so I had to order an addition set.  Good luck!

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-op-4-outrigger-speaker-spike-set-with-abs-base-4-pcs--240-769

• Like 1