Klipschorn Style 7 Question

See this...

and see this....

If you do the math...between the date on PWK's PREVIEW drawing of trhe "STYLE 7"  and actual first use use of K-horn #175...then 175 is either the very first factory production of the Style 7....or very close to it, IMHO...once JRH steps in here...maybe he can narrow it down a bit more....but one to eight months is already a given...between the drawing and #175...which means it is pretty damned close if not the first factory "style 7" built, IMHO!

Thanks! 

You veterans are great at helping this newbie out!

I hope the one I own is close.

Actually my K-horn is labelled 175. However, every part of the unit is labelled 174(the  K5 horn is 169). According to Jim 174 and 175 were built side by side. My guess is Lloyd accidentally switched the labels at completion or shipping.

Johnie

Deciphering the first logbook is not as simple as one would imagine.  #166 is listed as Style 6 and shipped 5/26/1949.   #167 is listed as Style 7 and shipped 11/23/1949.  In between these dates at least seven other Khorns were shipped with serial numbers both lower and higher than these, and without styles mentioned.  

• Like 1