replacement/alternative for the ProMedia GMX A-2.1 control pod?

Hello,

This is a bit of a long shot seeing as though this particular system is ancient, but does anyone know of a pod alternative on the market?

I currently have the satellite speakers hooked up to an AV receiver as the surround sound channels to make a 5.1 system with other speakers I have, and the Promedia's subwoofer is connected to the receiver's sub pre-out via the pod's aux line-in, so I can use the sub as part of the system. Sorry if that doesn't make sense, but basically the sub is the only thing that is connected to the control pod since I do not know of another way to connect it to the AV receiver. This configuration actually works out quite well since I can independently control the subwoofer even if it is jerry-rigged together. :lol:

The control pod is dying out on me and I would like to salvage it somehow if possible since the subwoofer still works fine. I wonder if I can repair it (no experience with soldering) or take it somewhere possibly if there aren't any alternatives.

Thanks for any help.

asdf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I'm wrong.  The pod they have is for the ProMedia THX system not the GMX 2.1 system.

Anyways,  here's a link to the pod but it appears that you might not be able to buy them anymore. I'd check with Klipsch themselves to see if they have any left in stock:

https://www.klipsch.com/products/klipsch-promedia-2-1-computer-speakers?model=control-pod

• 1 year later...
On 6/8/2020 at 4:47 PM, begaced853 said:

Hello,

This is a bit of a long shot seeing as though this particular system is ancient, but does anyone know of a pod alternative on the market?

I currently have the satellite speakers hooked up to an AV receiver as the surround sound channels to make a 5.1 system with other speakers I have, and the Promedia's subwoofer is connected to the receiver's sub pre-out via the pod's aux line-in, so I can use the sub as part of the system. Sorry if that doesn't make sense, but basically the sub is the only thing that is connected to the control pod since I do not know of another way to connect it to the AV receiver. This configuration actually works out quite well since I can independently control the subwoofer even if it is jerry-rigged together. :lol:

The control pod is dying out on me and I would like to salvage it somehow if possible since the subwoofer still works fine. I wonder if I can repair it (no experience with soldering) or take it somewhere possibly if there aren't any alternatives.

Thanks for any help.

asdf.jpg

I am looking at several bluetooth AMP for 2.1/w Subwoofer support to replace the Control Pot as well.  But I have not reach a conclusion which one I would be using.  You can take a look online as well.