K-45's for FREE

Dave A

THAT got your attention didn't it! Well now here is the sordid truth behind this remarkable offer. I have five that need reconing. The local Nashville guy who used to do these has become so unreliable that reconing is no longer an option around here. Pick up only or I could bring to SWAG. Soon if no reply I will add the magnets to my growing wall collection of magnets. I figure if the strange people who wear magnets are on to something if I sit next to a bunch of these babies I ought to be cured or fixed or something.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Dave A said:

THAT got your attention didn't it! Well now here is the sordid truth behind this remarkable offer. I have five that need reconing. The local Nashville guy who used to do these has become so unreliable that reconing is no longer an option around here. Pick up only or I could bring to SWAG. Soon if no reply I will add the magnets to my growing wall collection of magnets. I figure if the strange people who wear magnets are on to something if I sit next to a bunch of these babies I ought to be cured or fixed or something.

Jim Hunter was the transducer engineer they poached from Rolla, he could probably use those for a class on how to re-cone speakers, you might end up with two pristine ones out of the deal.

I can ask.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

I will ask Jim, mighty nice offer, thank you.

Yo, amigo. Quick question. Do you know if Gary Gillum is still kicking about, not that we are somewhat on the subject of former Klipsch Chief Engineers....................

41 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Jim Hunter was the transducer engineer they poached from Rolla,

Jim Hunter

Way back in 1978, Paul W. Klipsch hired Jim Hunter as a transducer engineer in Hope, Arkansas. Never one to stay still, Hunter has since served as a design engineer, production engineer, engineering manager, director of design engineering, VP of design engineering and company historian who is also in charge of The Klipsch Museum of Audio History.

His audio career began in 1974, working for the Rola Company, an OEM driver manufacturing company. He and PWK co-authored U.S. Patent #4,387,786, an anechoic chamber featuring a multi-functional revolving door. Throughout his career at Klipsch, Hunter has been a key contributor to more than 150 Klipsch loudspeakers sold in specialty audio retail stores around the world.

Hunter has been a member of the Audio Engineering Society since 1979 and a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers since 1974. To put it simply - when Jim speaks, you’ll want to listen.

• Like 3