Mahogany Khorns & Belles

I recently acquired a pair of khorns and belles produced in the year 2000 with mahogany finish.

Looking at the forums this was a special order, but was it really that special? Would these have a higher value than say oiled walnut? For what I understand this was the last year for the klipsch specific drivers. Is there anything else that I need to know about these matched pairs?

Thanks 

E2CFC218-7BA8-4F54-999B-82C984F4D44C.jpeg

43052ED1-F6C2-46B6-B301-07B0A39A6C56.jpeg

• Like 4

They look stunning, absolutely beautiful!!!

That said, and I'm willing to admit to being a bit obsessive about this but that's the last place I'd put a drink no matter  how adult you are.  It's a bad habit to start and "somewhere down the road" it can only lead to an accident of some kind with yet another fully developed adult.  Those are sure easy to look at!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

They look very nice.  Can you please elaborate on what you mean by Klipsch specific drivers?

I should have noted a changed from the historical k77m & k55m while they re-tooled other options.

• 2000: Electrovoice ceases production of the K-77-M and K-55-M tweeter and mid-range drivers. The search for replacement drivers and the acquisition of the EV tooling is sought. Very limited production of a few pairs occurs at the end of 2000 and the early months of 2001 using existing part stocks

36 minutes ago, babadono said:

Holy Moly! Score! Now please get them out of the garage and into a furnished area of your home where they can be what they are. Great speakers and fine furniture:)

Unfortunately these aren’t going to make it to the living room due to lack of proper listening space and dedicated corners. These were rescued / saved from a local thrift store and I get to enjoy them while I clean them up. They will eventually be for sale and hopefully find a forever home. But for now they are the biggest best sound I have ever had the chance to demo.

Mahogany is  praised  by most forum members ,  they are exquisite , and also in excellent condition which is not the case of a lot of used speakers , so , yes , you may say that these are rare , and  the speakers can be matched and better appreciated than a non-matched set ,  the quality of the K55M-K77M was among the best available when the tweeter had Beryllium leads and the midrange had a dual phase plug , so the sound is pure klipsch and in an original condition , these speakers must sing  just as they are known and designed to sound  from the factory  , and that is quite rare since most Khorns are no longer stock  ,  the modifications and upgrades are endless for khorns , the result ,  a  custom speaker as per the client's desires-

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richieb said:

These were found at a Thrift Store? Hard to imagine. 
And where might you/these be located? 

I think I saw a comment elsewhere about someone listening to something of his....in  Chattanooga but I'm not 100%.

He's flipping them.  "Saved them from the Thrift store".... to ostensibly, mark them up to the next unwary person who happened to NOT see them at the thrift store where they could have likely bought them as a treasured purchase.

But, they are pretty....  so if the next buyer gets them for what they think is a nice value, then it's a win/win.

Yes these were purchase in Chattanooga at a thrift store of all places!  They were offered for sale locally to several vintage speaker enthusiasts and I happen to have the winning bid. I was told they were sold and then the original buyer had second doubts...so I was next  in line.  I only wish I had a dedicated room to place these beautiful speakers but for now they are set up in a conditioned, humidity controlled garage until they find a new home. I plan to keep the Belles if can move them to the correct spot. Free demos to anyone local who wants to stop by and check them out in person. Just trying to preserve quality hifi when I can.  

• Like 2