2 sets of 2.1(4.2)vs. the 4.1

kornhole

Well ive owned a set of v.2 400s which are very close to the 4.1s. I dont know how much of a difference the new crossovers and preamp make for the new 4.1s. I have the 4.2s now and they sound outstanding. The bass is very close the same I would say if not more. It does seem a little louder to me I guess but they are awesome speakers and I would recomend them to anyone. I would say they are just as good as the 4.1s!!

Does anyone have both the 4.1's and the 4.2's and can recommend which one to get? The 4.1's are rated at a higher power output and was wondering if that made a huge difference over the 4.2's. These ratings are in Watts RMS right? Not peak power?

Thanks

ermm.. if anyone has bothethe 4.1 and 4.2.. they must have money burning in their pockets. As for wattage.. the 4.1 is 400W.. the 4.2 is 2 2.1 @ 200W each = 400W so they are the same. There have been many posts about 4.1 vs. 4.2 - use the search feature of the BB. Also..it is true power..

I just got my set of 4.1's yesterday and inmediately set them up.

I got to tell you that they sound excellent.

I never heard a set of 4.2's but remember that Klipsch worked a couple of things in this new set ( the 4.1's),and I am sure that this is an step forward not backward.

By the way they are now available in several places in the internet.

4.1.... 4 sats at 60W, 1 sub at 160W

4.2.... 4 sats at 35W, 2 subs at 130W

both total wattage output is 400W...

the only tough decision between choosing the two is whether you like to play your music louder and have more power... or if you want an extra sub so you can have bass in front or in back of you (slightly more surround effect)

also, some other difference... the 4.2's have an actual power switch on the sub while the 4.1's have a "standby" button. There are two control pods to keep track of on the 4.2's instead of just one on the 4.1's. Both have headphone jacks and line-in's.

Here's where you want to check if you want to compare the two for yourself....

http://www.klipsch.com/promedia/pm21specs.html

http://www.3dsoundsurge.com/reviews/klipsch/pmv2-400.html

couldn't find a link from klipsch for the 4.1 specs because i think they are updating thier web site...

Well like i said i have the v.2 400s before and now i have the 4.2s. The 4.2s take over the 400s I think. The bass with the 2 subs is like wooooo simma down na! and the sats I dont notice anything really different! The lower wattage I dont think changed anything. The are soooo loud and doo not distort its so great!

4.2 all the way. its all about the second sub. I am a mad audio rager, I always have my hands into the audio world. just to set a few things strait that I'v heard in posts all around the pro media section: Monsoon VS Klipsch, klipsch better ajustable sound VS better synced sound. 4.1 VS 4.2: 4.2 all the way. with the small amound of amp difference you don't notice it at all. the sats on the 4.2 (which I now own) make my ears bleed and have been to the hospital twice (8 times total, but only twice with the klipsch). so the volume is NOT an issue. the subs both sound badass thanks to the side fire forward porting (another reason to go with klipsch over the monsoon). thanks to the dual subs you can have indapendent lows in the front and rear. this leds thunder rumble, not cracking thunder but the low rumbling, spread from rear to front with ease. NOBODY can say that the 4.1 can do that. for the slightly extra cash I have my X-gamer running the 4.2 system and making me shiver each time my computer starts up, using a friends ensamble piece that is a sound scape running from back right to front left with a brilliant display of highs along with rumbling lows. thanks to this setup I have a new design for my home theater I'm building. get the 4.2 you will never be happier, ever. there is nothing that can compare. soon to be comming is a dolby head unit to make myself a 5.2 system with a digital din out. so do yerself a favor and get the more versital 4.2 system, go to radio shack a get a lil extra cable, and get yerself a full surround indapendent lows/highs sound stage. as for automotive speakers that people have asked about then go to the post I just replied to. and the changing of wiring does nothing. I have full gold plating speaker wire I just used to rework my klipsch and was not worth the 1% inscrease I got. and this is the best cabe I could find. any other questions E-mail me, I'm just not able to get here often enough (tzimisce@nc.rr.com)

Torinalth

------------------

if at first you don't succede, try again. if at second you don't succede, get an axe

Hey Torinalth, you wrote

"ensamble piece that is a sound scape running from back right to front left with a brilliant display of highs along with rumbling lows."

You wouldn't like to share this piece of media with your fellow Pro brethren would you?

------------------

Regards,

Cougar