Original Forte walnut finish

porsche987

I just purchased a mint pair of Forte 1's.  They are walnut and the scabinets are pristine other than feeling a bit dry and very little sheen.  I am an experienced wood worker and can certainly treat these in whatever way is best but before I do I would like to ask others opinions.  Mu inclination is to just use an oil treatment like Watco natural.  Any thoughts out there?

8 hours ago, porsche987 said:

I just purchased a mint pair of Forte 1's.  They are walnut and the cabinets are pristine other than feeling a bit dry and very little sheen.  I am an experienced wood worker and can certainly treat these in whatever way is best but before I do I would like to ask others opinions.  Mu inclination is to just use an oil treatment like Watco natural.  Any thoughts out there?

I also do woodwork as a profession. You'll be fine with that choice of oil. The Forte 1 is my favorite Forte but impossible to find in walnut in mint condition. I struggled for a year looking for a pair but could never find one that didn't have some sort of dings or damage. I hate the way people abuse these absolutely beautiful speakers. Some day I hope to find a pair. My Heresy II are absolutely mint! no dings and they are extremely rare because it's nearly impossible find in sapele or ribbon mahogany as they are. Oh well, maybe someday I'll locate a pair of mint walnut forte 1's too. 

• Like 1

thanks all.  I did two coats of Watco natural yesterday and they look fantastic! I honestly think these could almost ve sold as NOS!  Now if I can just get the low frequency issues figured out! I will most likely fine steel wool them and add one final coat.