Tangent 400 to Heresy II project

meeker1

29 minutes ago, meeker1 said:

Thanks moray james and billybob. Yes, it's all a matter of personal taste. Let's hope someone here is convinced to give them a go and would like to swap. For whatever reason, the Tangents are not valued anything like the H2s, so a swap is unlikely. It was a few years ago, but I think I paid ~$170 for the Tangents and the seller was having a very hard time selling them for that. The scratched and stained H2s I had, I sold for what I paid for them after I cleaned them up a little ($300). Nowadays, a quick review of prices on CL of H2s in OK to nice shape go for $500-900. So unless the value of Tangents has rocketed I have a good budget to make cabs and buy upgrades to make a stellar pair of H2s to my liking. 

you are most welcome and may you enjoy your new H2 very much. I do not know if you have heard the titanium diaphragms (tweeter and mid horn) in the H2 but if not I highly recommend them to you and to others unless you absolutely love the softer sound quality of the phenolic diaphragms. In the case of the latter I just as highly recommend the phenolic mid horn diaphragm sold by Bob Crites as I find it to be a much preferred sounding profile when compared to either of the available stock klipch phenolic mid diaphragms. Enjoy your project and thank you for caring enough to keep these fine components in use providing them with a new lease on life to give future pleasure to those who will listen to them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1