Tastiest dish you can cook while listening to music

Could sound better

7 minutes ago, wipster said:

I have a little 50 watt tube amp and a pair of KG.5's in my kitchen, which really kick *** when I reheat the super burrito combos I get delivered from Chapala Express down the street!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Those burritos sound good, but you didn't cook them so doesn't count. Nice try though.

I'm more of a griller. Wife does all the hard work. She does the shopping and prep, I simply grill. Music over Klipsch is a given in our household. Wood-fired pizzas tonight. Kettle Pizza setup on a Weber.5119bc8a089ef7a92402662ab2f7a7c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised at all... just as long as somebody else cooks it! But at least the system sounds great in the kitchen. Those KG.5's are one one of the most underrated speakers out there, they sound like little Forte's or Heresy's and are almost as efficient. I've compared them with some of Klipsch's later bookshelf speakers and they sound way better... don't know why they stopped making them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Everything I cook is tastiest at that moment 😁  But the boys and wife really like my (what we call) Bacon Spaghetti

Cut a pack semi frozen SMOKED Bacon thinly into bacon bit sized pieces

Cook till crispy

Remove bacon Bits, Deglaze pan with 1/2 cup white wine.  Add 2 Table spoons minced Garlic, 1 Teaspoon red pepper flakes, 1/2 teaspoon of Black pepper. Boil out the wine, add 1 can of Cento San Marzano peeled tomatoes. (crush or lightly puree the tomatoes)  allow to simmer.  Put 1 pound of pasts (spaghetti noodles) Into boiling water (heavily salted, 8 cups) get the noodles just short of aldente (17 minutes on my stove)  add 2 cups of the water to the sauce, add the strained pasta to the sauce, simmer till only a small amount of liquid remains stir often. when the pasta is done add the bacon bits back in. use Parm cheese to taste and enjoy

• Like 3

I've made Beef in Burgundy per the recipe of the Frugal Gourmet.  You can Google.  Basically chuck chunks browned in bacon and then stewed in red wine. Then at the end add sautee'd low sulphur onions and mushrooms.  Double the 'schooms, I say.

I found that too much wine leads  to too much cooking and letting it boil off and that overcooks the beef.  It might be that the French put it in a 180 degree oven for a longer time.

The FG says to serve with way too much wine and you'll be famous in a half hour.  True.  

I've seen recipe for a steak size piece of beef served in a shallow soup bowl.  It is on the list.

Any music will do.

WMcD

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

still got all of them ... and all original.  just don't like crunchy stuff. 

Well, pilgrim.....  this is where we differ.  I love crunchy and salty....  so a pretzel is one of the perfect foods out there.

However, I usually prefer my peanut butter smooth (will eat crunchy in a pinch)

To show you further how strange I am....  give me a baked potato, sometimes I want it steamed (wrapped in foil) sometimes I prefer it not so the skin toughens up.  I like outside sprinkled with kosher salt....and I butter/salt the dickens of the inside.  I'll use near half a stick of butter on a decent sized tater.

Now, bread?  I usually don't butter bread at all.  I mean zero/zilch.  I DO look for some salt to dab it in....

Seeing a trend here?  

and yes, my blood pressure is normal.  I'm one of those people that if you put a salt lick on the table for me to eat.....  I would first, salt the salt lick without tasting it....  just salt & go.

That said, I don't usually COOK with salt, I prefer it on the outside where I get more bite out of it.

• Like 3