Rp8000f

So, I’ve got speaker bug again and I’m demoing a set of RP8000f based on this sites and others reviews. Mind you, I’ve never been a fan of klipsch, So, i figured I’ve got the time to try. Jeez, these things are impressing me. More so than the Polk LSIM 705 I’ve tried and more than my old BW683s2.

I’ve noticed there’s a dip in the frequency from 1.5khz-4khz off axis (i think?) From what the review specs show..... What exactly should i be listening for with this? It doesn’t sound like it’s missing details anywhere. Sounds quite balanced.

Also, I’ve noticed there’s a slight lean back style angle to this speaker. I’m sitting about 15 feet away spread 8 feet apart and notice that when sit back in my couch the midrange slightly eases off, when i sit straight up it seem a little more prominent. Possible to angle these forward a bit with some rubber feet under the rear? Or is what I’m hearing when i sit up farther bloating of the sound?

Never fooled with Klipsch enough to know. Looking for experienced thoughts. Thanks.

@Zapp Brannigan,

Welcome to the forum.

From what I have heard/read, the RP8000Fs are some fine sounding speakers with good punch and detail.

20 hours ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

I’ve noticed there’s a dip in the frequency from 1.5khz-4khz off axis (i think?) From what the review specs show..... What exactly should i be listening for with this? It doesn’t sound like it’s missing details anywhere. Sounds quite balanced.

If you don't hear it, it does not exist.:P

20 hours ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

Also, I’ve noticed there’s a slight lean back style angle to this speaker. I’m sitting about 15 feet away spread 8 feet apart and notice that when sit back in my couch the midrange slightly eases off, when i sit straight up it seem a little more prominent. Possible to angle these forward a bit with some rubber feet under the rear? Or is what I’m hearing when i sit up farther bloating of the sound?

First, if possible, scoot your main seating position up a few feet or spread the speakers out a few feet to get closer to an equilateral triangle.  In most cases, you will get better 3D imaging by doing so.

As far as angling forward, give it a try.  Also, experiment with toe in.

Others may chime in with completely different advice so try different things to get it right.

Bill

If the speaker sounds good to you and you did say balanced also.

why worry so much about measurement and numbers?

If you like them, hook them up and enjoy the sound

and don't sweat the numbers---Have FUN.

I am also interested in adding a pair of RP8000s or 280s. I recently got a 450c I'm really impressed with but it blows my current 610f towers out of the water. It's disconcerting to hear distortion in atmospheric and background noise when the center is so superior. 

Does anyone have recommendations on the best dealer? I know the 280s are the perfect match to the 450 as the tweeter design changed slightly with the 8000s and 504c, but nobody seems to think that is an issue so it probably isn't. However I'm having a hard time finding in stock 280s, and the prices for 8000s are all over the place. Most dealers have it at msrp of $689 each, whereas on ebay I see pairs for $899 shipped. Any good recommendations? Certainly if ebay sellers are doing $899 there is room to move on price for a dealer not getting hit by their cut.