Klipsch LaScala - $2800 (St Louis)

Edgar

8 hours ago, Dave A said:

These things are sure getting expensive fast. Last one I know of close by sold for $2,000 and another one is listed for $2900 and the dude has not budged for a month now.

I guess an item is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Perhaps by staying at home for such and extended length of time recently, people have finally realized that earbuds won't cut it for good sound?

22 minutes ago, Edgar said:

I guess an item is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Perhaps by staying at home for such and extended length of time recently, people have finally realized that earbuds won't cut it for good sound?

I am not sure what is driving this but in part I think it is the last round of Klipsch price increases. The other and perhaps biggest part since the price increases started before the wuhan red death is a cultural change. Appreciation of various things seems to go in cycles and I think good home audio is becoming more popular and of course the stay at home thing had to have helped this along. I have had the average age of prospective buyers steadily drop in the last year or so. The last KPT-456 and KPT904's I have sold both went to men in their low thirties guessing on their ages.

Hello All: 

I was the person that sold the LaScala’s in St Louis from a craigslist ad I had posted. They actually sold for $2500.00, not the listed price of $2800.00; but the price drop was only because the gentleman that bought them was a passionate heritage Klipsch fan and I offered to sell them for exactly what I had in them after talking to him for awhile. He never once tried to work me backwards from my asking price. He was my first of MANY calls on these speakers. 
I still own a pair of the LaScala ll ‘s, in a walnut finish.....amazing speakers. 

In my opinion I feel the music industry gravitating back towards quality produced music again...and there’s not a better speaker that can reproduce this than a Heritage line Klipsch Speaker. In St Louis I’m seeing kids in their teens and early 20’s buying turntables and albums. I think it’s wonderful, I grew up listening to albums. 

Happy Listening!! 

Cheers 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brian314 said:

Hello All: 

I was the person that sold the LaScala’s in St Louis from a craigslist ad I had posted. They actually sold for $2500.00, not the listed price of $2800.00; but the price drop was only because the gentleman that bought them was a passionate heritage Klipsch fan and I offered to sell them for exactly what I had in them after talking to him for awhile. He never once tried to work me backwards from my asking price. He was my first of MANY calls on these speakers. 
I still own a pair of the LaScala ll ‘s, in a walnut finish.....amazing speakers. 

In my opinion I feel the music industry gravitating back towards quality produced music again...and there’s not a better speaker that can reproduce this than a Heritage line Klipsch Speaker. In St Louis I’m seeing kids in their teens and early 20’s buying turntables and albums. I think it’s wonderful, I grew up listening to albums. 

Happy Listening!! 

Cheers 

Thanks for this info.  Nice sale.  @wvu80

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brian314 said:

Hello All: 

Happy Listening!! 

Cheers 

I bought my La Scalas in 1982 in Bitburg, Germany when I was in the Air Force. I remember a guy I was stationed with being shocked that I paid $1000 for the pair. I remember him saying, "Do you know what kind of wardrobe I could buy for $1000." My reply was something along the lines of, "Yeah, when your clothes are all worn and tattered, I'll still be rocking with my Klipsch." Guess who was prophetic? 🙂

• Like 4

7 hours ago, MookieStl said:

In St. Louis, we buy speakers too big to steal.

If someone broke into my house and ran off with my Belles, I'm not about to stop him. I might ask him to stop, but not likely. A little self preservation. 

Same here.  Tough to easily fence speakers that weigh more than 100lbs. 

Just last week a neighbor a few houses up from mine had his sports car stolen from his driveway in the middle of the night.  Maybe I ought to take the wheels off of my Splits.

• Like 3

On 6/17/2020 at 3:38 PM, MookieStl said:

In St. Louis, we buy speakers too big to steal.

If someone broke into my house and ran off with my Belles, I'm not about to stop him. I might ask him to stop, but not likely. A little self preservation. 

Yes, the reaction to the dog on your leg does depend on the size of the dog. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/20/2020 at 6:35 AM, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Yes, the reaction to the dog on your leg does depend on the size of the dog.

...two, one hundred pound German Shepherd's jaws clamped on ones torso & leg, not worried about someone carrying off my speakers LOL

Z&O.jpg

• Like 1