Censorship II

joessportster

I did not get to see the clip you added Maynard but I just thought how IRONIC in a thread about CENSORSHIP  you were CENSORED

I dont really care what the topic linked was I agree 100% if you are not POLITICALLY CORRECT in the eyes of those making the rules, you must be the devil spawned incarnate. Anyone that cant see it simply chooses to ignore the facts because the Political Correctness fits there agenda.  We are steadily going to hell in a hand basket.   Thats not politics alone, I see it every day and it makes me sick to my stomach

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, joessportster said:

We are steadily going to hell in a hand basket.   Thats not politics alone, I see it every day and it makes me sick to my stomach

That's a fact. I am sure our parents said the same as did their parents, but I don't think it's anything like the previous generations. I am not sure if it's due to power of social media, the parent's fault or that some of the systems we put in place a generation or two ago is now paying us back in a negative way. It is unbelievable, though. 

• Like 2

It happens to societies when government takes over for religion nothing new here the further we get away from our founding principles the worse things get and a lot of people don't seem to get it or choose to ignore that fact.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

That's a fact. I am sure or parents said the same as did their parents, but I don't think it's anything like the previous generations. I am not sure if it's due to power of social media, the parent's fault or that some of the systems we put in place a generation or two ago is now paying us back in a negative way. It is unbelievable, though. 

several things I presume. we're dealing with generations now that have never been told no. winners aren't the only ones that get the prize because, by golly we're all winners! significant intolerance executed under the guise of tolerance. remove from the public consciousness the history that we don't like so that our grandchildren can repeat it. 

there was a university professor (can't recall which university he taught at) but he was from the counter-culture of the 60s. he said that "we got the last laugh after all because now we're teaching your children."

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

"there was a university professor (can't recall which university he taught at) but he was from the counter-culture of the 60s. he said that "we got the last laugh after all because now we're teaching your children."

Scary to think about but so TRUE

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, joessportster said:

Scary to think about but so TRUE

That was the first thing that I thought too. 

30 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

several things I presume. we're dealing with generations now that have never been told no.

When you combine these people with the power to spread false information faster and more freely that any news media, it can get interesting very quickly. No one has to fact check, no one is held liable and in fact they don't want the facts.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

All of the bat shit crazy stuff is coming from people my age, not young people. My social media feeds are filled with comments by people with college educations who are terrified by Bill Gates and 5G.

I'm for limited censorship. Some stuff just has to go. You had people out there drinking bleach -- oh, and they weren't Millennials or GenZ.

Well ... there was that Tide Pod thing.

• Like 2

The salient point was that “they” (Google, Yahoo news, CNN, and so on) are feeding us their interpretation of the news.  It is no longer objective reporting, but rather the points of view they want us to accept.  It is becoming increasingly difficult to discern the truth as it usually differs from some agenda.  This is very different from the old days when one could tune in to European shortwave outlets like Radio Netherlands, BBC, and Deutche Welle to get some really accurate news information about world events.

Maynard

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, tube fanatic said:

The salient point was that “they” (Google, Yahoo news, CNN, and so on) are feeding us their interpretation of the news.

Opinion -vs- News Reporting.  I read something awhile back that said CNN refers to their on-air personalities as "Commentators" vice "News Anchors."  Not sure how the other networks categorize their staff.

As I've said before, these media outlets are For-Profit businesses catering to a target audience. Those of us without a political loyalty have to sift through a lot of BS from both sides. I believe most are tuning in to whichever network will tell them what they want to hear -- then they can go on in life feeling that their opinion has been validated. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tube fanatic said:

The salient point was that “they” (Google, Yahoo news, CNN, and so on) are feeding us their interpretation of the news.  It is no longer objective reporting, but rather the points of view they want us to accept.  It is becoming increasingly difficult to discern the truth as it usually differs from some agenda.  This is very different from the old days when one could tune in to European shortwave outlets like Radio Netherlands, BBC, and Deutche Welle to get some really accurate news information about world events.

Maynard

True.

When I read or listen, I ask myself - “why are they telling me this?” 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Deang said:

True.

When I read or listen, I ask myself - “why are they telling me this?” 

And whether the photos they post are even genuine.  I do not like the way they recycle photos and videos that are not of the events being reported.  Even worse is the occasional photo shopping.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deang said:

All of the bat shit crazy stuff is coming from people my age, not young people. My social media feeds are filled with comments by people with college educations who are terrified by Bill Gates and 5G.

I'm for limited censorship. Some stuff just has to go. You had people out there drinking bleach -- oh, and they weren't Millennials or GenZ.

Well ... there was that Tide Pod thing.

I have a wide age spectrum of pov from people. Some people's thoughts are crazy, but with reason: They believe it because it was on ( insert news feed, twitter, fb...).

The limited censorship you are worried about isn't what I worry about. A bleach drinker is one thing. There have been so many riots and people killed for several years due to false information from the news outlets and not social media.  

Tide pods do look tasty, reminds me of Freshen-up gum. 

freshen.jpg.dcdd5ada2fd85e849a9eb46253aa2e7d.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

As I've said before, these media outlets are For-Profit businesses catering to a target audience. Those of us without a political loyalty have to sift through a lot of BS from both sides.

And, IMHO, there is the next problem. Like you, I know that the truth is usually somewhere between the extremes. The problem of finding the truth is the algorithm that leads us to the 'truth' they want, rather than the real truth. Between auto fill when something is typed in a search engine and the first web sites have quite often not provided the non sloped info vs if one keeps drilling deeper.