Censorship II

joessportster

Dunno if anyone mentioned it yet, but I bought Land-O-Lakes butter the other day and the package has changed.  

Remember this?

s-l300.jpg

Can't tell you how many times in elementary school I saw one of my buddies with part of that box that had been modified a bit so you could see what was behind the box she's holding...  Anyone remember that?

Well, it changed to this for a little while:

200417081056-land-o-lakes-old-logo-exlar

and now it looks like this:

butter-front-panel-1.jpg

Oh well.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

What is the politically correct buzz word for this shift (I said shift, right)?

Cultural misappropriation?

Whatever it is it’s synonymous with reverse discrimination.

Let’s all dishonour the memories of honouring others.

Given enough rope...

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, codewritinfool said:

Dunno if anyone mentioned it yet, but I bought Land-O-Lakes butter the other day and the package has changed.  

Remember this?

s-l300.jpg

Can't tell you how many times in elementary school I saw one of my buddies with part of that box that had been modified a bit so you could see what was behind the box she's holding...  Anyone remember that?

Well, it changed to this for a little while:

200417081056-land-o-lakes-old-logo-exlar

and now it looks like this:

butter-front-panel-1.jpg

Oh well.

Like the butter salted and un.

The Seminoles may catch an...

Not drop,

14 hours ago, sputnik said:

That's a good one. 
Some just read what's on the teleprompter.  

And speaking of Monty Python, there is no way they could write such great comedy today. There are too many who can't take a joke for what it is, a joke. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, codewritinfool said:

I can't look at that picture and not think of that.  Lol.

• Like 1

Reading the major network news and forum comments is kind of saddening. I will say though that what many people want today they are going to get and they won't want it when it gets there. I watched Detroit from 1967 until 1981 so I am a first person witness.   I am so glad I live in the country away from all the insanity heading to many major cities. For those who can see get out now. When Detroit really started firing up the burning you had to give your houses away and leave with nothing. There was a summer where Coleman Young decided that he was not going after street gangs and the police were under fire just like now. Every day when we left Lynch Rd Assembly where I worked in the northern edge of Hamtramack there were fires from burning detached garages and boarded up houses rising up around us. That year began the wholesale exodus from Detroit. Today you can google Lynch Road Assembly and do the satellite view and zoom in. In 8-18-72 when I hired in there was not one empty lot around the plant and you could reach out and touch the walls with your arms spread wide. It was the typical northern high density lower middle class neighborhood where garages were on common alleys behind the house as there was no way you could drive a car between them. I saw the destruction with my own eyes and if you have never seen it in person the humanities side of you says what I say is gross exaggeration and did not happen. Google satellite will help you see it does and will happen where it is invited in. When I worked at Lynch Rd there were up to 4500 people under one roof. The building is mostly there today and last I read employs maybe 300. Next to Lynch Rd was Eldon Axle and Huber foundry (both now gone) and probably over a square mile under roofs next to each other.

1 hour ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

That's a good one. 

And speaking of Monty Python, there is no way they could write such great comedy today . There are too many who can't take a joke for what it is, a joke.

There’s a lot of great comedy today but there are too many who don’t get humor that doesn’t begin with “ya know yer a redneck when” or end with “git ‘er done”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

That's a good one. 

And speaking of Monty Python, there is no way they could write such great comedy today. There are too many who can't take a joke for what it is, a joke. 

Some just read what's on the teleprompter, others show extreme difficulty in reading at all.

That clip was definitely Quayle like, lol!

• Like 1

There is also the case of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.  Named after nearby native species.  The uptight owner changed it to just Rays because his precious fundamentalist heart couldn't take the word "devil."  He would have been wiser to get the team out of that hideous circus tent they play in.

On 6/15/2020 at 7:13 PM, oldtimer said:

OMG, censorship II:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-says-ex-adviser-bolton-breaks-law-if-he-publishes-book/ar-BB15w1N2?ocid=spartanntp

This must make you sick to your stomach!!  And it should.  It's just another day for you to see it.

Its obvious which way you lean and sorry but theres a no politics edict here on the forums.  I dont agree with Censorship, But I wont go out and look for every example on the other side of the isle (of which I am sure there are MANY on both sides) in an attempt to start a pointless debate with an obvious means to an end.  Your little jabs are quite crystal as you attempt to twist the spirit of the subject to your political lean.  

• Like 1

Yet you started the thread.  Basically I agree with you, except no attempt at pointless debate is involved.  We are just conversing about the world around us.  Since you barely know me, your suppositions are farther off than you could ever realize. That is not your fault, given the nature of this place.

By the way, the original irony is that the first thread started with an obvious politically slanted op-ed piece, which is what most op-eds are.  In contrast, we seem to be having more fun discussing brand management.

33 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Yet you started the thread.  Basically I agree with you, except no attempt at pointless debate is involved.  We are just conversing about the world around us.  Since you barely know me, your suppositions are farther off than you could ever realize. That is not your fault, given the nature of this place.

By the way, the original irony is that the first thread started with an obvious politically slanted op-ed piece, which is what most op-eds are.  In contrast, we seem to be having more fun discussing brand management.

I know you like to play Devils Advocate And stir the pot to see what rises.  I also know you are correct I dont know you personally. Just as you dont know me personally or my motives. I started the thread because it was humerus. A thread about censorship that was censored.  The brand thing is comical though