Censorship II

joessportster

17 hours ago, billybob said:

Wonder if Mrs. Butterworth will.

Of course they will.  But it will be a little more difficult because the branding is more than a label, it is the shape of the bottle.  I suppose they will change to a generic bottle and scrap the inventory of current bottles.  The store shelves will never look the same with all of these changes.

BTW, Mrs. B. is my favorite syrup if when I (rarely) use syrup.  My dad would use none other when I was a kid.  But he would also put peanut butter on his pancakes and then pour on the Mrs. B. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Seadog said:

BTW, Mrs. B. is my favorite syrup if when I (rarely) use syrup.  My dad would use none other when I was a kid.  But he would also put peanut butter on his pancakes and then pour on the Mrs. B. 

Everyone needs a little high fructose corn syrup in their lives.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Sounds

BTW, Mrs. B. is my favorite syrup if when I (rarely)use syrup.  My dad would use none otherwhen I was a kid.  But he would also put peanut butter on his pancakes and then pour on the Mrs. B. 

•  

like what my dad did with Blackburn syrup. So, I had to have some.

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Having grown up in the north east, I'm a syrup snob.  I don't like anything other than real maple syrup.  I've never tasted a "breakfast syrup" that comes close.

That is my favorite. Oh and blueberry IHOP

17 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Everyone needs a little high fructose corn syrup in their lives.

HFCS wasn't really used much until the '70s.  Fake maple syrup was better back then, as was Coke, Dr. Pepper, etc., etc.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Seadog said:

as was Coke, Dr. Pepper, etc., etc.

A&W root beer.  We used to get it on tap poured into wax coated cardboard containers (pints or quarts).  Best root beer I've ever had in my life.  The stuff A&W puts out now isn't remotely close.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Last time my wife went to Delaware she brought back some maple syrup that was aged in old bourbon barrels.  OMG, I could drink that stuff, it was phenomenal.

Until now, I had no idea the Log Cabin I ate all my life isn't real maple syrup.  Maybe I've never had it.  Now that I know, one of these days...

3 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Until now, I had no idea the Log Cabin I ate all my life isn't real maple syrup.  Maybe I've never had it.  Now that I know, one of these days...

Wow.  You'll finally get to see what real maple syrup tastes like.  With your affinity for healthy foods I'm shocked that you've never had it.  Log Cabin doesn't have a single drop of maple syrup in it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

Wow.  You'll finally get to see what real maple syrup tastes like.  With your affinity for healthy foods I'm shocked that you've never had it.

It's sort of rare that I eat pancakes anymore.  When I do, it's at IHOP, Denny's, Cracker Barrell or home.  I use AJ or LC brands at home.  Not for price, but because I never knew...  I just grabbed a very familiar brand and bought it.  I assume I do not get the more expensive stuff at the restaurants mentioned.

2 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

It's sort of rare that I eat pancakes anymore.  When I do, it's at IHOP, Denny's, Cracker Barrell or home.  I use AJ or LC brands at home.  Not for price, but because I never knew...  I just grabbed a very familiar brand and bought it.  I assume I do not get the more expensive stuff at the restaurants mentioned.

No you don't, it's a cost thing which I understand completely.  We keep a bottle of "syrup" at the house for the grandkids as they're liberal with it and normally waste a bunch.  Mine stays in the fridge, LOL.

• Like 1