kp-362 subs

futurefunk@gmail.com

i have kp-362 in my listening room and i need more sub-bass. i believe these roll off at 60. 

can i progressively boost the frequencies under rolloff with a 30 band eq?

since i'm running mono anyway, could i just run one as full range and the other as sub?

if not, what's the most cost effective way to fill in that hole? 

greg

1 hour ago, futurefunk@gmail.com said:

i have kp-362 in my listening room and i need more sub-bass. i believe these roll off at 60. 

since i'm running mono anyway, could i just run one as full range and the other as sub?

greg

I believe those cabinets are actually tuned at 40hz designed to use an EQ to draw out additional bass as long as you don't get too carried away with the volume knob I think that would be just fine and would start from there keep in mind I would not try and boost the signal below the tuning point of the cabinet 40hz.

22 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

I believe those cabinets are actually tuned at 40hz designed to use an EQ to draw out additional bass as long as you don't get too carried away with the volume knob I think that would be just fine and would start from there keep in mind I would not try and boost the signal below the tuning point of the cabinet 40hz.

That is my understanding as well.

that would be great news. is there anyone who can confirm? i've seen the ki-362 specs and it is 60 Hz. i have tried many many times to locate the kp-362 data but haven't been able to, although i have noticed 55 Hz pop up several times in reference to these speakers. i just can't actually find any info that looks authoritative. 

i also need to replace the HF diaphragms on both boxes. would it be the same as what's in the ki-362? is there any way to get the spec sheet?

greg

13 hours ago, futurefunk@gmail.com said:

greg

first time , I hear KP 362 SPEAKERS ARE LACKING IN BASS -----these should be chest pounders with a good amount of power

5 hours ago, RandyH 000 said:

first time , I hear KP 362 SPEAKERS ARE LACKING IN BASS -----these should be chest pounders with a good amount of power

My custom Pro-Cornscala's use the same cabinet as the 362's and they have plenty of bass just not low bass. I thought they were fine with the music I listen to but hearing them next to my Chorus II's there is definitely some bass missing by comparison.

12 hours ago, jjptkd said:

My custom Pro-Cornscala's use the same cabinet as the 362's and they have plenty of bass just not low bass. I thought they were fine with the music I listen to but hearing them next to my Chorus II's there is definitely some bass missing by comparison.

yeah , now  I remember , the KP362 is an Array cabinet, and trapezoidal ---

2 minutes ago, futurefunk@gmail.com said:

i gather Array and Trapezoidal are characteristics that don't help the lows then.  any ideas on an inexpensive secondhand box to get me where i want to be?

I think I has more to do with overall cabinet volume than shape the 362's use basically the same woofer as the Chorus II but the Chorus II cabinet is roughly 4.5 cu ft and is fairly flat down to 39hz without an EQ.

You could try and find a pair of Chorus II's or add a sub doesn't have to be huge but it can make all the difference.

• Like 1

You can add about 6db of eq to get the low 40’s out of them, just be careful not to over drive them if you do that. I’d use a 2x4 dsp and flat the eq out for the best sound
I’ve owned many of the kpt/KI and kp line of Klipsch and they really are not made to sound super low. They have more of a ( in you chest ) sound. I even had the kpt-484 sub’s. A single 18” driver and they could not going lower the 35hz before they would fall down in the low hz
One thing that really helps the most with any of these lines is using corner placement
That really helps the most
You have to remember that these lines are designed under the Dolby sound specs, and these specs are not for sub 25hz sound
If you really want the very low low’s. Just use a real subwoofer in the mix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

10 hours ago, futurefunk@gmail.com said:

@RandyH 000 thanks for replying. i gather Array and Trapezoidal are characteristics that don't help the lows then. i love how they sound otherwise. any ideas on an inexpensive secondhand box to get me where i want to be?

Sometimes KPT-684's pop up for sale at very reasonable prices.

@carlthess40thanks for the info. i assume there is a difference between the ki- and kp-362. i've asked around and tried to figure this out for myself but haven't got an answer.

the frequency range i'm really looking to get into is sub 40hz, down to the bottom. not looking for loud, just present in a quiet, intimate room. what do i need to do that?

KP-362.pdf

Here is spec sheet on KP-362.  I'm using four of them for live music in outdoor beer garden.  They sound fantastic, but were not designed to give deep bass below 40ish.  We use two KP-682 double 18s for the lower stuff.  For your home use, you may prefer the addition of a small sub.  It won't take much in a small setting.

• Like 1

@bhendrix i've been looking for that for a while, thank you

@jjptkd @jwc confirming kp-362 is tuned to 50

tonight i installed the hf diaphragms i ordered from bill crites but still nothing coming out up top. the spec sheet mentions a semiconductor based protection feature, which i guess sticks out as what's different from the rest of the circuit. is that a component that's known to wear out? could i just bypass it?