Acurus A2002 vs emotiva xpa 3 gen 3 power amp

JoeJoeThe3rd

Don't ask me, I am an Acurus man through and through.  In other words, I am very biased.:P  But, the A2002 is a stereo amp while the XPA-3 is 3 channel.  So in this case with your front soundstage, I say Emotiva 3 channel.  Now if the question was Acurus A200x3 or Emo XPA-3, I would have to go with my obvious biased answer.

Bill

• Like 1

4 hours ago, willland said:

Don't ask me, I am an Acurus man through and through.  In other words, I am very biased.:P  But, the A2002 is a stereo amp while the XPA-3 is 3 channel.  So in this case with your front soundstage, I say Emotiva 3 channel.  Now if the question was Acurus A200x3 or Emo XPA-3, I would have to go with my obvious biased answer.

Bill

Well I’m going to be listening to both music and movies. Would it really be all that much beneficial to get the xpa in there to get that extra power to my center or just go with the a2002. I was just gonna go with the xpa but I saw one kinda negative review on it lol. Which do you think would have a better sound and or mend better with the klipsch speakers, like which brand? Also how much is the a2002? Thank you kind sir. Also the a2002 came up cause I saw that youthman used one with his rf7iii’s. Now I’m just trying to figure out which receiver to narrow it down to.

Edited by David y

5 hours ago, David y said:

Well I’m going to be listening to both music and movies. Would it really be all that much beneficial to get the xpa in there to get that extra power to my center or just go with the a2002.

My experience, drive the LCR with the amp.

I was just gonna go with the xpa but I saw one kinda negative review on it lol.

You find negative reviews on just about everything.

Which do you think would have a better sound and or mend better with the klipsch speakers, like which brand?

As mentioned, I am a huge Acurus fan but many Emotiva lovers in audio land.

Also how much is the a2002?

I think msrp is over $2500.00.

Bill