Best way to wall-mount a Klipsch bookshelf speaker

marcos

I just picked up a pair of RB-61II. I need to mount these on the wall. Can someone point me in the direction of the best wall mount brackets? Since the speakers will be angled downwards, do I need to attach the speakers to the wall mounts with screws? Is it better to have hidden wall mounts and screw into the back of the speaker instead of the bottom? Thanks in advance! :)

31 minutes ago, marcos said:

I just picked up a pair of RB-61II. I need to mount these on the wall. Can someone point me in the direction of the best wall mount brackets? Since the speakers will be angled downwards, do I need to attach the speakers to the wall mounts with screws? Is it better to have hidden wall mounts and screw into the back of the speaker instead of the bottom? Thanks in advance! :)

Do a search for "side clamp speaker mount"

These are the ones I use but there are a lot of cheaper options thru Amazon.

http://www.pinpointmounts.com/AM-40_Side_Clamping_Bookshelf_Speaker_Wall_Mount.html

My RB75's have threaded inserts on the bottom so I was able to secure to mount with those in lieu of drilling or screwing into the wood cabinet.

Welcome to the forum.......

This is probably a little little more industrial looking than you are looking for, but they were the right solution to mounting Heresys high on the walls of a middle school band room.  The brackets (Parts Express) are adjustable in two planes.

Use your imagination to flip the speaker in the last photo.  The “Klipsch” logo is right side up as the speaker is installed.  Don’t be confused by the speaker being upside down when installed.  It was intentionally installed that way to place the tweeters closer to the listeners. The metal cup needs to be installed into the functional bottom of the speaker.  You need to cut a hole.

1053165298_OnStageSS7322B.thumb.jpg.b3169a8a5b86acdf34260a213f6ed5f3.jpg

967189959_SteelSpeakerPoleMount.thumb.jpg.23becb15493c074d5ebffb241828871f.jpg

1077307902_IMG_0595(Medium).thumb.JPG.d60417b77935b251a34a7fc86c5aa1ef.JPG