Need help replacing bad amp sw-112

JoeJoeThe3rd

Basically I don’t know which side the black and red wires go. Does the black go on the left side or the right side. I wrote this stuff down but my girl friend lost it smh [emoji2029].B29F3B23-FFA3-446B-AD0C-110442304D30.thumb.jpeg.211a633e2c217244e0e45751b2ec863e.jpeg

Oh boy, no pics taken either? Does what appears to be writing on either side happen to mean anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, baron167 said:

This didn't post emoji2369.png 75ab1aa4a279a6797fd8c860da53035a.jpg

What do you mean it didn’t post? Can I just try either way and which ever way works I’ll just leave it. I talked to someone from an audio store and they said it shouldn’t damage the sub if I was to put it in the wrong slot at first. And what writing, those are twisty ties for the wires.

Edited by David y
  • Like 1

Try each way to see if you notice a difference and/or have a preference. Β 

Β 

If you can connect a AA battery while seeing the woofer cone, positive to positive will cause the cone to move forward, away from the magnet;Β positive to negative will cause the cone to move backward, toward the magnet.

• Like 2

What do you mean it didn’t post? Can I just try either way and which ever way works I’ll just leave it. I talked to someone from an audio store and they said it shouldn’t damage the sub if I was to put it in the wrong slot at first. And what writing, those are twisty ties for the wires.

I posted that pic I edited, but it didn't post with my first response. Can you get your phone in there to take closer pics to capture the neg and pos symbols?

3 minutes ago, David y said:

Ok well I got it all plugged in and the green light came on in the front and I head a tiny bit a bass from turning it on. So that’s a good sign I feel accomplished thank you guys so muchΒ 

no problem - come back now