Android Auto

EmilC

6 minutes ago, veloceleste said:

Android auto has gotten much better over the years and an up to date android operating system on the phone makes a big difference also. 

I'm sure it has but still not up to Apple.

My Samsung Galaxy S7 is Android version 6.0.1.

is that ancient?

6 minutes ago, EmilC said:

I'm sure it has but still not up to Apple.

My Samsung Galaxy S7 is Android version 6.0.1.

is that ancient?

My bottom of the line phone is 8.0. Android version and is a year or two old. The first phone I used with Android auto was Android 5.1 and it it was terrible using Android Auto with that phone. 

5 minutes ago, EmilC said:

Post upgrade report:

Still cannot get it to post incoming texts on the car screen. A google searched showed that this is not uncommon.

Am I alone here with this?

Is the software in your vehicle up to date?

Also, can you go to the manufacturers web site (or radio web site) and check for compatibility?  Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram products have a site that will actually check compatibility of radios with different model phones.  Not all phones are 100% compatible with all radios.  We actually have more issues with Apple phones than Androids.

58 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Is the software in your vehicle up to date?

Not knowing the answer, I googled it and what I've read is that it's all in the phone and car's screen is just the projector

21 minutes ago, EmilC said:

BINGO!

paid 12 bucks for an Anker USB cable.

So who says cables don't make a difference? :^)

They absolutely do.  The wires are so small in them plus they're constantly being bent and twisted.  Especially by the plugs.  It's common to have weird or intermittent issues with them.  Glad it's working now.

• Thanks 1