Android Auto

EmilC

• 3 months later...

I have a Samsung S10 and when I connect my mobile to Android Auto via Bluetooth, if someone calls or texts me on WhatsApp, I can't hear the notification sound from Android Auto. I have search on net and found this YOWhatsApp Apk modified version of WhatsApp, so I downloaded this mod app from here, but still the problem is not solved.

6 hours ago, litmd2 said:

I have a Samsung S10 and when I connect my mobile to Android Auto via Bluetooth, if someone calls or texts me on WhatsApp, I can't hear the notification sound from Android Auto. I have search on net and found this YOWhatsApp Apk modified version of WhatsApp, so I downloaded this mod app from here, but still the problem is not solved.

Same here. I get the texts now but no notifications EXCEPT when I'm playing music from Tidal then I get the "DING"

Odd.

When my S10e gets a text, my radio in my truck beeps and tells me who it's from. I hit a button on my steering wheel and it displays and reads out the message.

That's about all, though. I have a 2018 Nissan Frontier, and still have manual crank windows and door locks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I also can't get Android Auto to work in my 2020 Hyundai Elantra GT.

I've also got the $12.00 Anker USB cable and after going through the set up several times, the screen in my car says that the phone is not responding.

There must be a setting in my Samsung Galaxy S8 (version 9) that needs to be set but I don't know what it would be?

Any help would be much appreciated. This is really frustrating.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

96f4651e0dd8d7b28d1d91f4c29310c2.jpg

24 minutes ago, SWL said:

I also can't get Android Auto to work in my 2020 Hyundai Elantra GT.

I've also got the $12.00 Anker USB cable and after going through the set up several times, the screen in my car says that the phone is not responding.

There must be a setting in my Samsung Galaxy S8 (version 9) that needs to be set but I don't know what it would be?

Any help would be much appreciated. This is really frustrating.

96f4651e0dd8d7b28d1d91f4c29310c2.jpg

Any help from the dealer?

Any help from the dealer?
Yeah, I've been there twice and have had several people try to figure it out. The last time I was there it was determined that I had the wrong USB cable so I got the Anker cable that they suggested.

Since getting the Anker cable, my phone will display that Android Auto is ready to use (which it didn't before) but when I go through the setup process my car screen says "phone is not responding".

The first time I went there one of the sales guys was saying that something had to be changed in my settings in my phone but I can't remember what it was. I think I might be able to go there today and talk to somebody about that.

8 minutes ago, SWL said:

The first time I went there one of the sales guys was saying that something had to be changed in my settings in my phone but I can't remember what it was. I think I might be able to go there today and talk to somebody about that.

Anyone else you know have an Android phone you can try?

This may be of some help

https://support.google.com/androidauto/thread/2475001?hl=en

Yeah, my wife has the same exact phone and I've wanted to try hers. Thanks for the reminder.

It's funny because my daughter and all the millennials at the dealer have been really frustrated trying to figure it out. The way they navigate around a smart phone makes my head spin.

6 minutes ago, SWL said:

Is the USB cable only to be used for the initial setup process? After that is it just using Bluetooth?

NO!

without the USB cable, only phone is functional via bluetooth.

all other functions need the cable connected

5 minutes ago, SWL said:

So to use Android Auto the USB cable must always be connected? That was my understanding.

Correct!

You can make and receive calls without the cable attached. That's it