Android Auto

EmilC

"Since getting the Anker cable, my phone will display that Android Auto is ready to use (which it didn't before) but when I go through the setup process my car screen says "phone is not responding".

Thats because you disconnected the USB cable

5 minutes ago, SWL said:

Wait....so when you're setting it up with the USB cable connected, I had the bluetooth turned on. Should it be off or doesn't it matter?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Doesnt matter.

Just keep the USB cable connected at all times and you should be fine.

Go try it out

• Like 1

Ok, so in my phone's settings is there something that has to be set regarding a "Developer" setting?

It's one of the suggestions that came up on a google search.

before you do anything, go to your car and make sure you have internet connection on you phone and connect the USB cable from the phone to the USB outlet in the car

Turn on the car and wait till the Android Auto Logo on the screen is illuminated and press it. Then press on google maps.

report back :^) 

• Like 1

I gave it a shot.....same deal. I'll see if I can stop by the dealer again tomorrow. I gotta find the guy that said there was a setting in the phone that had to be dealt with.

14 minutes ago, SWL said:

I gave it a shot.....same deal. I'll see if I can stop by the dealer again tomorrow. I gotta find the guy that said there was a setting in the phone that had to be dealt with.

https://www.howtogeek.com/129728/how-to-access-the-developer-options-menu-and-enable-usb-debugging-on-android-4.2/

• Like 1

Carl I followed your link and now I'm in business. I was just cruising around my neighborhood testing it out. Seems to work well. My main thing with Android Auto is to be able to use Google Maps/Navigation with it.

Thanks again!

9 minutes ago, SWL said:

Carl I followed your link and now I'm in business. I was just cruising around my neighborhood testing it out. Seems to work well. My main thing with Android Auto is to be able to use Google Maps/Navigation with it.

Thanks again!

Good deal.

Anytime.

• Like 1

Post upgrade report:

Still cannot get it to post incoming texts on the car screen. A google searched showed that this is not uncommon.

Am I alone here with this?

I'm having the same issue. Everything else seems to be working fine, though.

I just noticed in the settings that apparently the car has to be stopped to get the first line of the text. Probably why I got her first text but not the others on the screen.139c0b361aedf465592404b7fb920d02.jpg

On 10/6/2020 at 3:26 AM, litmd2 said:

I have a Samsung S10 and when I connect my mobile to Android Auto via Bluetooth, if someone calls or texts me on WhatsApp, I can't hear the notification sound from Android Auto. I have search on net and found this YOWhatsApp Apk modified version of WhatsApp, so I downloaded this mod app from here, but still the problem is not solved.

Have you tried updating the version of WhatsApp because something like this happened to me but when I updating the version of WhatsApp solved my problem

I prefer to tether my phone in my Jeep versus Bluetooth, I get more features, simplified used, I believe this pulls up the android symbol.   
How do you do this?

On 6/18/2020 at 10:28 AM, EmilC said:

I'm sure it has but still not up to Apple.

My Samsung Galaxy S7 is Android version 6.0.1.

is that ancient?

Yes, absolutely.

I have an Note 8, and about 1 month ago I purchased my daughter the latest and greatest Note 20+.   Two completely different animals, my daughters Samsung is a better phone/camera/hand held pc by far. She switched after years with Apple, as I did years before that. Apple sucks, I like their iPads which is the area IMHO where the own the market (Portable Tablets).  Just look at what happened to Hunter Biden's  Mac Pro.....  I'll bet he's already switched.

Well I was cruising all over Chicago today using Google maps/navigation with Android Auto and it worked great.

So much better to look at the screen in the car vs the screen on the phone. Location/position is perfect.

Now I'm just hoping that it'll be reliable with no issues.