Forte 1 vs? Forte III, Cornwall IV?

porsche987

So I have posted before that I purchased an immaculate pair of Forte I's in oiled walnut.  I have installed Crites crossovers, tweeters and dampened the horns with Dynamat. The improvements were not subtle. BUT, I am still having some lower midrange upper bass issues.  One note, muddy, resonant might be a good description.  I have played, extensively, with distance from rear wassail, toe in and tilt. Image depth is better but still lacking compared to my other speakers. Image width is good and solid. YET, I am addicted to the dynamics, image size and overall "liveness" to the sound. My other speakers also have a better defined (transparent?) high end.

My questions are, what will I gain by moving to one of the aforementioned speakers? The Forte's I have are very much enjoyable but they are not my end game speakers by a long shot. I will assuredly be selling them in the very near future. All boxes and cabinets are very very good to excellent as are the grille cloths. I also have the original crossovers and tweeter diagrams. I am going to a fellow members home tomorrow to their his Lacalas and K'horns so I hope to gain much knowledge on better Klipsch speakers. 

Love any advise you guys can give!

General rule:  In the world of Klipsch, as you go up in size, you go up the ladder of bigger, better sound.

Anticipate the LaScala to impress you and the Khorn to impress you (over thhe LaScala) even more.  Then, when you're connflicted on which of those to perhaps buy, the minions (like me) come in ad say you outta hear a pair of Jubilee's...  Seems it never ends until you have a full blown pair of MWM's or Grande's in your bedroom with their monster horn sub on each side of your bed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, porsche987 said:

So I have posted before that I purchased an immaculate pair of Forte I's in oiled walnut.  I have installed Crites crossovers, tweeters and dampened the horns with Dynamat. The improvements were not subtle. BUT, I am still having some lower midrange upper bass issues.  One note, muddy, resonant might be a good description.  I have played, extensively, with distance from rear wassail, toe in and tilt. Image depth is better but still lacking compared to my other speakers. Image width is good and solid. YET, I am addicted to the dynamics, image size and overall "liveness" to the sound. My other speakers also have a better defined (transparent?) high end.

My questions are, what will I gain by moving to one of the aforementioned speakers? The Forte's I have are very much enjoyable but they are not my end game speakers by a long shot. I will assuredly be selling them in the very near future. All boxes and cabinets are very very good to excellent as are the grille cloths. I also have the original crossovers and tweeter diagrams. I am going to a fellow members home tomorrow to their his Lacalas and K'horns so I hope to gain much knowledge on better Klipsch speakers. 

Love any advise you guys can give!

If  you are able to keep the speakers at least 7-8 feet apart, definitely get Cornwalls. Cornwall is a nice middle ground between the smaller and larger Klipsch Heritage speakers. The sound is large and rich particularly with tube amps.

Edited by VNC Studio
  • Like 1