Completed: WTB - Klipsch Forte I or Chorus in NC

Livemusic

Hey All,
This is my first post here; but have been lurking around for the past couple of weeks.

So, I have entered the tube arena, and turns out that the speakers dont work all that well with the tube magic.
Looking to buy a nice pair of Forte I or Chorus speakers, fairly priced and with the Crites upgrades/updates etc...Please send me a message if you have one that you are willing to sell. 

I am @ NC, but can drive a few hours for the right piece. Or can try the pony route.
Thanks in advance.
Edited by Livemusic
Updating the status
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Livemusic said:
Hey All,
This is my first post here; but have been lurking around for the past couple of weeks.

So, I have entered the tube arena, and turns out that the speakers dont work all that well with the tube magic.
Looking to buy a nice pair of Forte I or Chorus speakers, fairly priced and with the Crites upgrades/updates etc...Please send me a message if you have one that you are willing to sell. 

I am @ NC, but can drive a few hours for the right piece. Or can try the pony route.
Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum.

What speakers are you using?

The Forte and Chorus are very placement dependent vs a few of the other offering that can be more placement friendly.  Don't get me wrong, they sound excellent when they are place where they are happy.

I have some Quartet and Chorus II that I am not using.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Livemusic said:
Hey All,

Thanks in advance.

garage sale , or the alerts are the areas to check for such speakers ---and they come up very often

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Welcome to the forum.

What speakers are you using?

The Forte and Chorus are very placement dependent vs a few of the other offering that can be more placement friendly.  Don't get me wrong, they sound excellent when they are place where they are happy.

I have some Quartet and Chorus II that I am not using.

Thank you for responding.

So far I have tried them(Scott 222C) with a pair of monitor audio Silvers, Canton floorstanders, and I know this sounds wierd - HPM 100. Those are all I have at the moment.

My listening space is 12 * 14 with 10 ft ceiling

Thanks

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I think the Chorus (first gen) does not have a rear passive, and is front ported, making it less placement finicky...

You are absolutely right. I have 2 pair of Chorus II, so the front ported version 1 is something I don't think about when setting mine up. 

3 hours ago, Livemusic said:

Thank you for responding.

So far I have tried them(Scott 222C) with a pair of monitor audio Silvers, Canton floorstanders, and I know this sounds wierd - HPM 100. Those are all I have at the moment.

My listening space is 12 * 14 with 10 ft ceiling

Thanks

Yeah, the low sensitivity speakers aren't very tube friendly.  

• Like 1

All,

I was able to find a seller here locally, willing to sell a pair of Forte I, for 550. The speakers look like they need a good cleaning up, dirty grills etc. Also, the Klipsch badge on the grille cloth has fallen off, and he doesnt have the label at the back, which lists the serial# etc. 

Given these, is it a fair buy at 550? I would be getting the Crites upgrade/Tweeter upgrade etc on this one, so I guess its another 250-300

35 minutes ago, Livemusic said:

I especially thank

I especially thank everyone here. I can share and help a tiny amount and still get some of that wrong. This place is great because of the founder and the followers. Keep us posted. I would enjoy them for a few weeks as they are, before any refreshing. IMHO, this will let you hear and appreciate the difference each step makes.  Also, we are men... we like pictures. Where are the pictures of these Forte? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1