Highly Modified Klipschorns ... MUST SEE!

craigtone

I hate to do this but I simply don't have anywhere to store them and I am a "convert" to the world of open baffles.  They have made many an audiophile jaw drop!

Specs:

- Crites Cast Basket Woofers'

- ALK CSW Crossovers

- Elliptrac Tweeter Horns w/B&C DE10 Drivers

- Midrange Horn Damped w/Spray-on Bedliner

- Rosewood Composite Veneer on Faces w/Tung Oil Finish

- Surrounds & Rear Painted Satin Black

- All Cabinet Seals Replaced

These are not sequential serial numbers and were originally Decorator Series.  I preserved the original SN stickers when I painted them.  They did not have matched drivers hence the woofer replacement.  With all of the upgrades, the bass response is MUCH better than stock and the crossover distortion is now non-existent.  The B&C drivers also extend well beyond the factory tweeters.  This truly is an amazing sounding balanced speaker!  It has all the pluses of horn loaded speakers without the shoutiness that they can exert.

Due to size and weight, shipping is not a practical option.  Please contact me at craig4tone@att.net to set-up an audition.  I am asking $3000 for the pair.

IMG_8675 copy.JPG

IMG_8674 copy.JPG

IMG_8668 copy.JPG

IMG_8673 copy.JPG

IMG_8656 copy.JPG

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

LOL! I paired myself down a little and the two sets of quartets I still have probably won’t get me across the finish line, sadly.

2 hours ago, craigtone said:

Thanks!  I'm kind of shocked myself ... the price is a STEAL!  DTO - you should sell something and make room! 😝