It’s official, the best rock guitarist ever.

jimjimbo

On 6/20/2020 at 2:00 PM, RandyH 000 said:

my list would be pretty close , but I would put    BB KING as the best ever ,Hendrix , Santana   ,  and then a  Brits list  - Gilmour - Sir Paul   Lennon, Harrison , Clapton , May ---it's hard to say who's the best , but we all know these guys are either deceased or  in their 70's or 80's, so we are blessed -

B B King is at a level all his own. Think I saw him 7 times.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2020 at 3:10 PM, Emile said:

Brian May ... maybe not the "best," but their sound is always distinguishable.

agree with you Emile.  I've seen Brian as many times off-stage as on-stage -- not only an incredible guitarist, but a really great guy. I was feeling pretty important after I met him the second time.  I saw him again a couple of hours later and went up and said, "Brian" and he looked over and said "Steve."  I almost stopped right there thinking my gosh, this guy remembered my name.  We talked about a guitar that I was having trouble finding and he told me to email him (this meeting happened in Southern California). So, a month or so later I emailed him and being a man of his word, he asked Pete (his guitar tech) to hook me up with a place that had the guitar ... and that same day, I got an email from this shop in London that had the guitar ... and I bought it. 

I've met Pete a few years later after a show by Queen and it was nice to thank him in person for his role in getting me that guitar ... he said he remembered doing it ... not sure if he did or was just being nice, but it was a cool gesture either way. 

Brian's company makes his red special in white and I've always liked it.  It is on my (long) bucket list of guitars.  

SharedImage-17869.jpg

• Like 1

I think Buddy Guy deserves to be right up there with the best and he's still out there rocking in his 80's.

I saw him a couple years back,did all the Hendrix stuff and SRV stuff like playing behind his back,with his teeth,left handed and upside down you name it he could do it all without missing a beat.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, MyOwn said:

Saw him as a player in the first 'Hendrix Experience' in Seattle a while back. Absolutely astounding player. Star of the show. Good show too.

https://www.experiencehendrixtour.com/dates.php?show=2019-10-01

I would put John Petrucci in there as well.

• Thanks 1