It’s official, the best rock guitarist ever.

jimjimbo

53 minutes ago, Audio Flynn said:

The tribute to the Stratocaster I watch twice a year.

Watch the Man play and weep , the Irishman  is gone ,  if he wasn't the best , I'm still looking ------what most people don't see is that he is a Lefty

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/19/2020 at 8:29 PM, iRONic said:

Jimi had the chops but Beck's body of work is epic.

If Jimi had lived...

he couldnt ,survive     it was all the way out , no holes barred ,  the late 60's were marred with very heavy drugs and alcohol at unreal  levels and all superstars were all taking it  , and that cost them their lives ,  the ones who survived were plain lucky -or they tamed it down  a  tiny notch  -

On 7/31/2020 at 1:02 PM, KlipschFish said:

Saw him

Play in Florida with BLS, The show was phenomenal, the audio in the auditorium seemed done right, High energy for sure. Clutch was the starting band,  Man this band is fun to be with at a concert.

Also twice here locally at a small crappy auditorium...Again both these shows sounded really really good. and the performance he and BLS puts on is professional.

• 1 month later...

So many great one's out there but there are also so many personalities to deal with.  IF you can level things out and respect each other and just bare your soul then there are no limits to what ANY of them can achieve.  Time and again that's been proven.  They all have to put it on the shelf and sit down and get to work instead of the me, me, me crap.  When you think of all the past groups that no one could touch and look at what broke them up it's really pretty amazing.  Ego's and personalities almost every time.

Those that have passed due to drug/alcohol related deaths, I believe, were totally drained and void of thought.  Yet the record companies pushed and pushed for more.  It wasn't coming out anymore.  Hence the drug/alcohol frenzy.  Reaching out and pushing the limit sometimes helped but if it wasn't there you pushed harder and harder.  Sometimes it worked and unfortunately at times it didn't.  They had to reach for that brass ring.  Their image, the group's image all rested on each one of them.  They took stardom seriously so they pushed themselves way too far.  They either died or realized they needed help.  

Look at Petty's last tour w/Joe Walsh.  A broken hip and still on the road trying to heal and living with the pain for the masses?  It all caught up with him one night and it's sad.  They ALL gave everything to their fans just as those who are clean today do.  They listened to their wake-up call.  Some never had the chance or took the chance and lost.  Again, just my thoughts on things.  

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...