Samsung DVD players LOL

codewritinfool

I put this in the lounge because originally I LOLed on it pretty hard.  I write firmware for devices that are way harder to reach than DVD players, and this is the kind of thing that keeps me up at night.  

Some very unhappy folks in this thread:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/Blu-ray-player-BD-JM57C-keeps-cycling-on-off-whenever-plugged-in/td-p/1278935

Any of you affected?

Models reported to have the BluRay Bootloop Bug so far:

BD-E5900 

BD-J5100 

BD-J5500 

BD-J5700 

BD-J5900 

BD-JM51

BD-JM57C 

HT-J4500 

HT-J5500W 

HT-J5530 

• Moderators

A few years ago I had a Samsung C6500, after about a year it acted strange, it kind of did what it wanted. At times it would freeze up other time shut down and was slow to do anything, eventually it died.

Replaced it with a Pioneer which was great, until it decided to do what it wanted at times, finally dyeing after a couple years. 

Now I have a Sony UBP-X800, fully expect it to do the same in about 6 months or so.

12 minutes ago, dtel said:

A few years ago I had a Samsung C6500, after about a year it acted strange, it kind of did what it wanted. At times it would freeze up other time shut down and was slow to do anything, eventually it died.

Replaced it with a Pioneer which was great, until it decided to do what it wanted at times, finally dyeing after a couple years. 

Now I have a Sony UBP-X800, fully expect it to do the same in about 6 months or so.

We just bought the brother in law the X700.  Time will tell.  It seems these things are just as bad or worse than cassette players.

• Moderators

You can never tell, even within brands there can be great ones and bad ones, time is the only way to know. 

I never cared for Sony but it had everything I wanted and I never had much luck with others so we will see.

23 minutes ago, dtel said:

You can never tell, even within brands there can be great ones and bad ones, time is the only way to know. 

I never cared for Sony but it had everything I wanted and I never had much luck with others so we will see.

I have always had great luck with Sony ,  but , the tag must read , MADE IN JAPAN -

• Like 1